No Divine protection for Jehovah's Witnesses' gatherings. JW Death toll rises around the world.

by Balaamsass2 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Growing up as a JW in the 1960s and 1970s, a common refrain from the yearbook, local Elders and Circuit overseers was how JWs were protected at meetings, Conventions, and in the Field Service by "the Angels". Experiences of "Divine intervention" during service, WW2, in communist lands, and conventions were common. The internet and Google are regularly debunking this myth in the 21st century. Hopefully, prudent planning, security measures, and some common sense will be implemented soon to replace wishful thinking to protect the innocent lives of Watchtower followers.

The death toll continues to rise from the latest incident in India.

KOCHI: The death toll from the series of explosions at the Zamra convention centre in Kalamassery during a Jehovah's Witnesses prayer meeting on October 29 has now reached seven. A 77-year-old man, K A John, succumbed to burn injuries on Saturday evening.

John had been receiving treatment at Aster Medcity, and according to hospital sources, his condition deteriorated on Thursday, leading to ventilator support. The cause of death was identified as multiple organ dysfunction and his passing was confirmed at 3:49 in the evening.

A Thodupuzha native, John's wife, Lilly John, is currently undergoing treatment at the same hospital. The couple leaves behind three children - Lijo, Liji, and Linto.

The other victims of the explosions include Leona Paulose (55) of Iringol, Perumbavoor; Kumari (52) of Kaliyar, Thodupuzha; Moly Joy (61) of Kalamassery, as well as Malayattoor residents Praveen Pradeepan (24), Libna (12), and Saly Pradeepan (45). The incident has left the community mourning the loss of these lives and grappling with the aftermath of the tragic event.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/kerala/2023/dec/02/death-toll-rises-to-seven-in-blasts-at-jehovahs-witnesses-meet-in-kalamassery-2638171.html

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don’t know where you were, but I was never taught that we had Gods protection at meetings… Now I did hear a few of the more dopey ones say such things but we never took it seriously. Admittedly they did claim such things during WW2 and Nazi Germany but that was different….. so we thought…

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They always played it both ways. If there was a tragic loss of life, they pointed out that it showed the lengths that Satan would go to harm Jehovah's people, and thus demonstrated that they were indeed the truth. If deaths were avoided, it was a miracle and a clear sign of Jehovah's protective hand being extended to save his own, demonstrating that they were the truth.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Blues I don’t know where you were, but I was never taught that we had Gods protection at meetings… Now I did hear a few of the more dopey ones say such things but we never took it seriously.

Meetings/assemblies were a little more hazy, mainly because of the Australia bombing incident. But service....c'mon Blues, we were certainly taught we were protected out in the ministry by the angels! Perhaps as an elder you lived a little less in La-La Land than we young female 'agreeables' lol.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What Tonus said.

”Everything is proof we’re right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!”

😁

I remember when I first realized that for all intents and purposes, loyal JWs essentially subscribed to this, and thought, “wait, that’s… not possible…”

One of many little cracks in the dam.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its like those cracks grow and grow until they breach your entire belief system alll at once.

• Dagney
    Dagney

They use it both ways.

If no lives were lost, then it's Jah's protection.

If lives lost, it's Satan attacking, and time and unforeseen occurrence.

It's all spin to keep the flock believing both.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

An elder from my hall a long time ago gave a talk about this very subject. He said no JW is guaranteed protection by God in this system of things. The only exception is if a person is directly related to his out working purpose. Then and only then will he use his supernatural powers to save them.

• Bribie
    Bribie

We had an experience some months back when 2 sisters were out in field service.

Driving in a semi - rural area a tree suddenly came crashing down and crushed their car as they were driving along. They were killed! If they had been driving just a little slower or faster they would still be alive today. Just another example of the precarious nature of our day to day lives!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Bribie, this reminds me of a car full of witnesses driving to an assembly, killed in a car crash. It was tragic, but some whispered that they all harbored a “secret sin”, which is why they were killed.🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit