I want to know more about you. REALLY!

by jst2laws 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I so desire to know more about the people I am listening to, and occasionally talking to. AOL has profiles. Some other web sites have them. I would really like to know more about the people behind the posts. Some I read and think what a dork. Others I read and think, Whow!! Who is this person? Where are they coming from? This is someone who understands. I want to know more about Momie, AlanF, DarkClouds, Norm, MommieDark, Farkel………. I can neither spell them nor name you all, but I want to know you all.

I have felt strong kinship based upon one post only to find later the individual is a borderline fanatic known to everyone but me. There are mostly good people here, maybe a few not so good. There are strong people, weak people, experienced, inexperienced, kind and a few mean, those outside the org and those inside. The web offers us anonymity which makes this possible, but makes relationships slow in developing. As I read a post I wonder, wasn’t this one of those persons I especially related to? Was this a man or woman? Is this person a reserved advocate of religious dogma or a loving person who has survived the dogma? Should I address this person as one who yet appreciates the Bible and God, or should I address this person as one coming from an agnostic or possibly an atheistic perspective.

None of this information is absolutely necessary, and often it is discernable by the immediate comments. But I would like to know more about you all. Maybe I’m a sucker for relationships. Consider
    1 Peter 4:8:

As a guilt stricken JW still on the inside I need that. I believe familiarity accelerates the bond of love. And love will either help all of us overlook your sins, or help all of you overlook my sins which you have done up to this post.

If there is a profile database in the future I offer my own profile now for the record:

Name: Jst2laws

Approx Age: Past middle age

Sex: Not anymore. Gender, Male.

Background: Baptist until 16, became a JW. Ten years in “full
    time work”, 6 at Bethel. Still an “elder” probably
    not for long.

damage within the org.

Dislikes: #1 Cursing. #2 God Damn Hypocrites.
    (in ascending order)

Current Status: Attending meetings.

Hobbies: Guilt is subsiding. Perhaps soon I will get a
    motorcycle.

Philosophy: You can pick your friends, and you can pick your
    nose, BUT YOU CAN’T PICK YOUR FRIENDS NOSE!

Favorite Scripture: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole
    heart and with your whole soul and with your
    whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first
    commandment. 39 The second, like it, is
    this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’
    40 On these two commandments the whole Law
    hangs, and the Prophets.” Mat. 22:37-40

Please!! Someone more geeky than me, is there a profile utility in the future??

Jst2laws

PS. I would hate that someone inside got exposed and mistreated as a result of profiles. So if it happens, be careful to stay anonymous. OK!?

• Introspection
    Introspection

That's a pretty good idea, though not everyone has AOL. Yahoo has them too, and you can also use one of those instant messenger programs. It seems to me real time chat also gives you a better idea of what the person is like.

• TR
    TR

There's a thread in the Friends forum and the Sex forum that have some bios.

TR

• neyank
    neyank

My name is not up there.
    I guess I must be a dork.

That's O.K.

I GET NO RESPECT.

neyank

• outnfree
    outnfree

That's ok, neyank, I wasn't mentioned either, but we'll be BIG enough to thank jst2 for wanting to "widen out"!

I like the profile idea, because I get confused between the personalities sometimes and it would be nice to have a sort of index to refresh my memory.

outnfree
    (and old enough to begin to have short-term memory loss!)

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Neyank,
    Sorry, I couldn't possibly name them all. That’s the problem. Not you and others but my memory. Hope Simon or someone responds to help people like me.
    Jst2laws

• zev
    zev

Ok, heres mine

Name: zev {changed to protect me until i can say who i really am}
    Aprox Age: nearing the end of 4 decades
    Full Name: Mr. Zev
    Nicknames: stinky
    Birthday: ##/##/##
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Blonde
    Height: 5’10”
    Shoe Size: I dont wear shoe, Just the box they come in.
    Car: Oldsmobile
    Musical Instrument: The stereo
    Favorite Music: 80's rock
    Pets: None
    Cologne: Jovan, musk
    Favorite TV Show: X-files
    Residence: On the eastern coast of the USA
    Astrological Sign: Scorpio
    Favorite Foods: lasagna
    Favorite Color: blue
    Favorite Book: The Foundation and Robot series By Issaic Asimov
    Favorite Movie: Pink Floyds, "The Wall" {i have it on dvd, it rocks!}
    Favorite Musicians: Ian Anderson
    Favorite Actress: Peta Wilson
    Sex: Whats that? I'm married. With children.
    Background: Was raised in the "truth" was an m.s. am still "in" untill I figure out how to get out.
    Dislikes: #1 The Wtbts #2 And the lies that i thought were "gospel" untill now.
    Current Status: Attending meetings. And hating every one.
    Hobbies: computers, technoligys, and geekie things
    Philosophy: Microsoft sucks!
    Favorite Scripture: The whole Bible
    __
    zev
    Sitting on the Wrong Side of the Fence Class

• goo
    goo

I was born Goo on August 22, 1973 in Orlando, FL. My mother is from Puerto Rico and my father is of Irish descent. I have four brothers and sisters – John, Pollyanna, Angie, and Caroline, who lost her life to the disease Lupus.

A true Florida native, I love swimming and water skiing, as well as weight lifting and racquetball.

I've been entertaining since I could walk; at the age of 3 I woke my grandparents by jumping onto their bed and belting out a rendition of “Baby Face” as loud as possible. I've sung in both my school and kingdom hall choirs while growing up and was a member of several local theater groups whilst also full time pioneering. In addition to my tough touring schedule as a a member of my rocknrool band Whore Solidarity, I take time to perform hip-hop routines at local clubs in Orlando, including the one I own; Tabu.

Quick Facts:
    Full Name: Goo
    Nicknames: Gooie
    Birthday: 8/22/73
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Brown
    Height: 5’6”
    Shoe Size: Womens 8
    Car: Corvette
    Musical Instrument: Guitar
    Favorite Music: Soul and R&B
    Pets: Christopher the cat and Oscar the dog.
    Cologne: Chanel No. 5
    Favorite TV Show: Roswell
    Residence: Orlando, FL
    Astrological Sign: Leo
    Favorite Foods: Asian and Spanish
    Favorite Color: Purple
    Favorite Book: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Favorite Movie: The Outsider
    Favorite Musicians: Bobby Brown and John Secada
    Favorite Actor: Tom Hanks
    Hobbies: Weight lifting, water skiing, dancing, racquetball, and movies
    Fun Facts: I appeared in the movies “Parenthood” and “Cop and a Half.” I appeared in several Disney World television commercials.
    Foreign Language: Spanish

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Well, it looks as if I'm one of those you just "forgot" about (sigh). It's okay...really. I'll just sob for awhile...but I'm strong I'll survive.

I live in RI. My age is none of your business, although I am definitely much younger than Larc. I work as a computer programmer....mainframe databases, specifically. I'm married, with one daughter.

We currently have three horses, two dogs, seven cats, two chinchillas, six finches, and some fish. I enjoy horseback riding, reading, various crafts (including knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, sewing and pretty much anything else that piques my interest). I play the flute and guitar (rather badly....I need more time to practice). When the muse bites me in the butt, I write childrens' stories (mainly fantasy and animal stories.)

I do not at this point belong to any church, but rather am investigating various belief systems, most of which are outside of conventional Christianity. Basically, I'm enjoying the opportunity to investigate and learn.

• somebody
    somebody

just2laws,

here's my aol profile:

Member Name: I don't have one. Why?....Did you name yours?

Location: "Just because swans mate for life, I don't think its that big a deal. First of all, if you're a swan, you're probably not going to find a swan that looks much better than the one you've got, so why not mate for life?"

Hobbies: To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Computers: Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only
    Occupation: has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition.

Personal Quote: If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of your nose.

I'll post a more serious one later, for here.

peace,
    somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit