Does Everybody turn our okay after leaving?

by Scooby 15 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I think RAYZORBLADE hit the nail on the head. Armageddonitis.

I know from reading this board, and in real life, that condition Armageddonitis exists to varrying degrees. It just goes to show you, how deeply entrenched the borg mentality can become, and how hard it is to be forever free of it.

Best wishes to you Scooby

xjw_b12

" Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know "

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

It all works out in its funny little way as life does. Unfortunatly it is made harder for us as we have had something that was our life or world. I for one know that I went through some real crap after I left, had a really rough time and wondered if I had made the biggest mistake of my life, after about 7 months my whole life changed in the most amazing way. I can honestly say that I have never been happier than I am now. ALL the people I know that have left have had similar experience.

Good luck to you both

• caligirl
    caligirl

I think that everyone reacts differently. Some need to sew a few wild oats that have built up from being so stifled all those years. For the most part though, I think they leave because they recognize the lie- not to live a life of sin. They leave because they see things happening that they know in their hearts to be wrong. Or maybe because they realize that they have no belief in God. Whatever the reason for leaving, I think that most people turn out ok once they deal with the issues that caused them to leave and gain the confidence that they CAN make decisions regarding their own lives without fear or guilt being heaped upon them at every turn and that using your own mind is preferable to letting someone else think for you.

In agreement with jschwemm, it doesn't matter what the reason for leaving, the witness way of thought will search for anything that they can condemn. The REAL reason why people leave, or the fact that those who leave can and do lead happy fulfilled lives without the whole setup, is of no interest to any who do not have the strength or courage, or for some, even the desire to leave. They will always try to find something bad, even in the positive, to make themselves feel justified for continuing to allow their lives to be controlled at every turn. To each their own, but I beleive that happiness is more than possible for those who choose to leave it all behind and write their own story for their lives.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Native Australians beleived that if the witch doctor pointed the bone at you you would die - And they did die when the bone was pointed (If they beleived it).

• Satanus
    Satanus

I went really crazy for a couple of yrs after leaving the wt. I went to all different kinds of churches, mainly the demonised pentle types, sometimes twice in the same day. Talk about demonic activity. Speaking in tongues, worshipping jesus, singing, worshipping god, falling down, healings (fake of course). It's a wonder i'm still alive and sane (sanity? What's that?)

I have stopped this satanic activity. I'm getting to be more like the average 'worldling' every yr.

SS of the satanic satire class

Ps. Sarcasm aside, i'm facing personal fears and such. That process has it's ups and downs (it's not pretty, sometimes). I think it will turn out ok. I know some other xjw's who are also going through this type of thing. It seems membership that in the wt freezes all personal development.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

It depends on the indvidual themselves. Some have a very hard time coping with their loss. It is a loss in the literal sense. For what you believed and was engrained in your head as something being the truth. In fact is not the truth. I was miserable as hell when I was a jw and resorted to using drugs which I am not terribly proud of, but it was a coping mechanism for me being unhappy. Since I left the organization I have got my life back on track thanks to a wonderful therapist. I believe all jws who have left the organization would benefit greatly from some type of therapy, especially if this religion has consumed your entire life. Just learning how to fit back in with society was a challenge for me. I am glad I got out this mess while I did, for I am still young and have my whole life ahead of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit