Had you thought of feeling sorry for the G.B?

by The Rebel 39 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

These are not 'self-made men'. They are indolent, politically-wise, serial abusers, and most likely, sociopaths. They are the worst of corporate America.

PIty? Sure. Do I care? Not a shred.

xx

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The Rebel:

Ok my point of the O.P was, by resenting the G.B, the only person I am hurting is myself.

No. You can hate Nazis and other evil people without hurting yourself.

Maybe I am selfish, but what good does it do me to fick, suit, and piss my life away hating the G.B.

We're not pissing our lives away but are, through this forum, helping others that might be pissing their lives away in the Org.

Why not just feel sorry for them and move on?

You can move on without pitying or feeling sorry for them.

I mean I can't just pretend they didn't exist. So I can either hate them or pity them?

I am not wasting my life on hate I choose pity any day?

Just because we hate the WT doesn't mean our entire lives are consumed by hatred.

But I also appreciate the comments that offer justified reasons why they hate the G.B.

I am just talking about where I am in life.

There are many here who have reached the last stage of leaving the Org but still hate them. Hatred is not something you have to grow out of.

• Simon
    Simon
    No. You can hate Nazis and other evil people without hurting yourself.

I think the point is that some people dedicate themselves to hating the WTS.

That is possibly damaging.

The irony of course is that they resent wasting so many years of their life on the WTS that they resolve to waste the rest on them too!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    I feel sorry for them in the sense that they are my fellow man. Therefore, as a true Christian, I have an obligation to love them whether I like it or not. Doesn't take away from the fact that I can call them hypocrites just like the Christ did with the Pharisees, Scribes, etc.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tenacious - "I feel sorry for them in the sense that they are my fellow man."

Stick around a while longer; that'll change.

• 4thgen
    4thgen
    Nope. They are calculating and cunning.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Stick around a while longer; that'll change.

I've seen what they are capable of. I've seen their wickedness. I've known of the suicides and deaths attributed to their teachings.

Yet, a true Christian will never hate their fellow man. If they do, you disown the Christ.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I very much appreciate the replys.

I have learnt a lot about the G.B from this site. What I have learnt has made me realise, I can no longer be a fader, and i will be disfellowshipping myself. ( I realise for many that is not an option)

I guess the point of my O.P is after disfellowshipping:-

A) Should I then move on and lead an egotistical life offering only passive resistance to the W.T?

OR.

B) Should I continue to hate ( and what I have learnt on this site has created if not hatred then at least rage in side of me) Rage that I was deceived. Rage that these men know they are liers, and harlots of the worst kind, and are happy ruining people's life's.

I am not sure what I will do, I am not even sure what I can do. But now I am on the outside looking in, I don't want to simply talk excited, think up fabulous ideas, and actually accomplish nothing.( Which is what I accomplished as a witness)

Maybe I can change my neighbourhood, and with time awaken people in my former congregation. Maybe that would be a victory. However from a personal perspective I now honestly want to love life ( maybe that is selfish?) And to love life I simply can't waste it on hate. ( I appreciate it, if you have a different point of view)

The Rebel.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I just hope I get to see this:

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thank you for the photo " Zoos" my answer is:-

The G.B are no longer my teachers. I no longer follow there instructions. ( I clarified my reasons for this in my previous post)

But now the G.B are no longer " MY" teachers, I want to find beautiful thighs and not have there arse in my life. I want to fly higher, and higher. I don't want them to win by me being in pain.

Maybe I am selfish, but I won't try to fool myself by thinking I am the man to bring the W.T down. Therefore I want to live and be happy. I will be there for friends and family trapped in the organisation, but the day to day hours which should be mine I have decided are mine.

What I am trying to say is that my own ethical and moral viewpoint says I should fight the G.B. But It's a fight I realise I can't win. So I won't hate them, and I can't ignore them. I THINK THE WRONG WORDS I used in my O.P. were "FEEL SORRY" for them. But I do Pity" them because I would rather have no wife, no child, no passport. Infact I would choose NONEXISTENCE than be anything like them.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit