Had you thought of feeling sorry for the G.B?

by The Rebel 39 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Fair enough rebel, but your OP didnt come across that way. I agree and i also do not waste time hating them but i for damn sure absolutely do not feel one ounce of pity for them. Not hating them is for me and i chose that for me, for my own personal zen. There is no basis for pitty.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

I get what you say about your personal zen Morpheus.

My point is I guess, well I new a man who lost his mum, dad and sister through hatred. ( He was a holocaust survivor) He had pity and not hatred for those that were responsible. I loved that man, and I try not to hate.

As to Punks point I can't just ignore the G.B, but I have tried not to hate them or many in the organisation. I am at pity at the moment.

If I could re-word my O.P, I would write it differently.

The Rebel.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    So heres your shot.... Reword your op.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

Yes, I feel sorry for the Elder who is in state prison for raping my daughter. I feel sorry for the GB and the money they have to part with because of their policies regarding child sexual abuse. I feel sorry for all the JWs who defended the monsters and call victims liars and now have to live with their embarrassment discovering how wrong they are. I feel sorry that wherever JWs knock or stand by a cart, the public is fully aware of their horrific behavior and has no problem delivering verbal denunciation to them, no doubt driving JWs into a deeper state of depression.

I feel sorry I had to resort to sarcasm to illustrate how stupid the OP is.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Ok Morpheus my new O.P is:-

DO YOU WISH YOU COULD LOVE ALL THE PEOPLE?

And my answer is YES, but with the G.B, DEFERRED UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE.

But I still won't waste my life hating them, and I do feel sorry for them because they are not real men. They are pathetic and worthy only of pity.

The Rebel.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I try not to hate - I think there may be different types of hate.

I think you're right when you say that we need to move on and live life - i.e. that type of obsessive hate that sits in your gut like a broken glass bottle is unhealthy and best avoided.

But's ok to have a negative view of the GB - even to feel anger or hate. They are responsible, directly or indirectly, for the suffering of many people. 'Feeling sorry for the GB' is definitely poorly worded - it suggests that the GB are the victims.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think the institution is evil. The individuals caught up in do evil and hurtful things. Of course, the same thing could’ve been said about us at one point, especially those who were elders, sat on judicial commitees, ect…sincerely believing they were doing the right thing. With an elevated position comes the limelight, pride, and so forth…and it creates warped inhuman individuals. But that is what some of us were.

A GB member dies, resigns, is removed…another one takes their place just as indoctrinated if not more. All the individuals of the original GB are gone, but the GB remains with new members. It’s the institution that I don’t feel sympathy for, but I don’t harbor anger for the deluded individuals.

Of course, as in Nazi Germany, undue influence does not absolve a person of crimes. And there have been some on the GB that must have known TTATT. I would lay money that Lyman Swingle was one of them. Of course, they had to make a hard choice: be tossed out on the street in their old age with no skills, or unethically perpetuate a false, evil institution in order to survive. It’s a tough choice…and some of us on this forum are active JWs, going through the motions (meetings, service), but knowing it’s not only a bogus religion, but downright harmful. Sometimes people are faced with a Catch-22.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, no.

What is this, a joke?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Hmmmm.... Im personally still not on board. In some respect yes i wish i could love all people in the sense that i wish all people were good and loveable. However i have lived long enough to learn that some people are not worthy of love or respect as such, but i still agree that the particular people in the OP, the GB, do not rise to my personal threshold of needing to hate them.
  • Simon
    Simon

There is a "revolving door" of victims who become jailers to some extent.

... except that at some point as you go up any organization you get to see what it is really like.

I don't believe the people at the very top think for one minute they are genuinely god's spokespeople but they have drunk their own cool-aid and decided that after investing so much of their life pursuing power and position within the organization they may as well enjoy it.

That doesn't mean there aren't sincere people ... just that they rarely get to the top in any corrupt organization without being corrupted along the way. If they try and fix things they eventually either burn out or are forced out because of it.

Not all the nazi troops were evil, some were as much a victim of the times as others and some actively worked to do the right thing. But all the ones at the top were very, very evil.

I don't pity the GB, I think they are vile human beings who care nothing for the many lives they ruin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit