I met a 104 year old man today

by Bad_Wolf 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

I was at a mall trying on shoes and this old man is in a wheelchair near me. Says how he thought those shoes were sharp and he had never worn brown shoes before and that he is 104 years old. I said no way and asked what year he was born. He instantly said 1913.

This got me to thinking what is the oldest person alive. Currently the oldest female is 117 and male is 113. In just a few years, there will not be anybody alive left who was born 1914. The 1914 generation has long passed away. In a few years, there will not be a person alive who was born that year.

• amicabl
    amicabl

An Indonesian man of 146 (claimed) died recently. He was shown alive on the news and looked more like 80 to 90. He also had a birth certificate showing 1870. If it is true that would mean there are many who saw 1914 still alive, but I doubt it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

According to JW teachings and their Bible interpretations ,the wages of sin is death ,right ? the Adamic death .OK?

Lazarus died he paid the price for Adams disobedience ,sin.

He was resurrected to life ,so by all accounts he should be free of the Adamic sin that condemned all of humanity to death so he should still be alive walking around among us right ?

And lazarus wasnt the only one resurrected was he according to the Bible.

Just saying.

• Saename
    Saename

Don't JWs teach that this generation who saw the events of 1914 had to be baptized in 1914 or before? If so, they would have to be born at least around 1904. If such is the case... they're already dead (most likely.)

• Saename
    Saename
    smiddy - He was resurrected to life ,so by all accounts he should be free of the Adamic sin that condemned all of humanity to death so he should still be alive walking around among us right ?

Nope. That's not how (any) Christians understand it. Jesus' sacrifice took place after Lazarus' death and resurrection, so he wouldn't be free of the Adamic sin.

However, there were people who were resurrected after Jesus' sacrifice by his apostles. According to this... I suppose loophole, then, they would be free of the Adamic sin.

• waton
    waton

In the story, both Dorcs and Eutychius, even Lazrus were resurrected while their bodies were still intact. so, not a recreation act. repair or reanimation perhaps. but:

Wt now predicts that the 1914 generation will pass away before the end, how? because

The Wt generation is the anointed, and they are scheduled to die before the Great Tribulation starts! so,

The Jesus generation survived the end (070) by ~30 years, The wt generation will be dead before the beginning of the end. now

how about an overlapping generation of 120 year olds?

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

It is a complete mess!!!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

waton, just a small correction:

The Wt generation is the anointed, and they are scheduled to die before the Great Tribulation starts! so,

According to the current revision, the anointed will be alive during the Great Tribulation and will be gathered to heaven just before the outbreak of Armageddon.:

We also see that the anointed ones who are still alive and part of “this generation” are getting on in years; yet, they will not all die off before the great tribulation begins.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014240

Paragraph 8: One of the events mentioned in these verses is that the “chosen ones” will be gathered. (Matthew 24:31) Therefore, it seems that any anointed ones who are still on the earth will be raised to heaven before the battle of Armageddon begins.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013530

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I haven't heard of any cult or any legitimate religion that doesn't get in trouble every time they try to predict the end of the world or some kind of drastic change.

In fact, the cults with the shortest longevity are those "Doomsday" cults, those that attach dates and have people "prepare" for the end or for some kind of drastic event that ill happen.

The WT keeps trying to explain things away, and of course, none of it makes sense (because it's all just top notch bullshit since the beginning). However, the WT has been masterful in doing a few things right. One is not giving a specific date, "it's around the corner". Another one is conditioning their people to believe whatever crap they throw at them, so they don't need to be logical or right since they know that most-to-all their followers will just believe it.

They are also preparing for their religious demise.

https://youtu.be/p_aLAMAZRhI

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The generation that would not pass away was originally born in and around 1900 , because one had to be old enough to understand the event that took place in 1914. Any 117 year olds left out there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit