I met a 104 year old man today

by Bad_Wolf 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Smiddy:

Lazarus died he paid the price for Adams disobedience ,sin.

He was resurrected to life ,so by all accounts he should be free of the Adamic sin that condemned all of humanity to death so he should still be alive walking around among us right ?

Mind blown! Thx for that smiddy

• Ding
    Ding

It was so much simpler years ago when they had the arrow diagram starting at 1914 and ending at "one generation." It was all supposed to be over by 1975 or by 2000 at the latest.

Now the "generation" overlaps to potentially 100+ years after the death of Fred Franz.

After that, if the organization is still around, it will be someone else's problem to come up with "new light" to keep the whole thing going.

• waton
    waton
    The expression “all these things” includes all the foretold events during Jesus’ presence, from its beginning in 1914 until its culmination at the “great tribulation.”Matt. 24:21.

Drearyweather, thanks for the correction, on the scheduled departure time of the anointed. Above a quote from one of the links.

The weasel words " at the culmination" of the great Tribulation, hides the fact that not just Armageddon, but the departure of the Goats into Gehenna and the entry of the Sheep into bliss are included in the end time prophecy, and the Generation is not supposed to pass away before all that. and

The uplifted Anointed are supposed to be battle ready participants in that Conflict.

The days should not cut short for the dying anointed, but for the sake of the surviving generation that starts the new world? right? . To the contrary: The rulers with Christ are supposed to die by the axe right? short and sweet.

Only the survivors of Armageddon would be the Generation that does not pass away, and the Anointed are not it. wt take note.

• waton
    waton
    Now the "generation" overlaps to potentially 100+ years after the death of Fred Franz.

Ding you are right, if we take David Splane's word for it, because he opined that there are older anointed than the merely 98 year old Franz overlapping, like the 104 to 122 year olds mentioned here. .

For old times sake I would settle for 2075 requiring merely another Franz type. Only if I do not partake and it comes soon ( next 15 years) would I make it, and prove that the anointed are not the generation.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Never mind about a 146 year old Indonesian man....

that ain't nothing ....

and how about a 2000 year old overlapping generation...?....

http://ed5015.tripod.com/ReligMormon2000.htm

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You should have asked him what it was like when Russel's organisation was chosen to be Jehovah's spokesman?

After all, according to witness history, that was a monumental period in human history, so surely it would have been widely noticed?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Smiddy:

Lazarus died he paid the price for Adams disobedience ,sin.

He was resurrected to life ,so by all accounts he should be free of the Adamic sin that condemned all of humanity to death so he should still be alive walking around among us right ?

This is what I asked the dubs when I woke up and before I got disassociated. Only got blank stares. I still ask the same to any JW or a christian that I come across

As per Bible's sin redemption formula, Lazarus should be alive today as a living example of resurrection and eternal life. All the scientists of the world should have experimented on Lazarus and unanimously agreed that his cells replicate themselves perfectly, with anti aging properties and there is no way he could die. Lazarus should have been given an accommodation in the Watchtower suites and should give Public talks all around the world, about his resurrection testimony and his enormous life experiences for 2017 years or so...(Unless other christian denominations snatch him)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY:

Good point. Lazarus should still be walking around somewhere unless he hates what the world has become and is miserable. Maybe he hates the notoriety and wants to be left alone. (tongue in cheek)

• Anony Mous
  • waton
    waton

As children of the resurrection being alive after having paid for their sins, being perfect, but having died again, why are their sinless deaths not additional propitiatory ransoms?

Where is the searcher when we need him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit