I met a 104 year old man today

by Bad_Wolf 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    Don't JWs teach that this generation who saw the events of 1914 had to be baptized in 1914 or before?

I have in my research a the whole chain, but without pulling it up, if I remember correctly the generation teaching morphed as follows......

1. Jesus evidently meant Those who were annointed or of it during 1914 (meaning they would have been adults).

2. As #1 timing was getting close to closure, then added time by saying Jesus evidently meant just anybody old enough to understand the events of 1914, any 15 year old or older wouldn't die until the end.

3. Then it was Jesus evidently meant anybody born in 1914, that generation wouldn't die until the end.

4. Then it was Jesus evidently meant a generation symbolic of things happening around the time period of 1914. (in early 1990s)

5. Then it was "The stupid rank and file have been trying to predict or put a date and time period to the end, and the bible clearly says that can not be done, the generation shouldn't try to be predicted. The GB have never done that, it's always been the rank and file's fault". (in the mid/late 1990's)

6. Then the GB started predicting again with another Jesus evidently meant, forgot what the immediate one after was.

7. Now the latest, Jesus evidently meant an overlapping generation.

Let's thank the unfaithful and reckless slave for this new light, as they show they have 100% God's backing with these timely updates and that anybody who doesn't listen to them should DIE!

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    Only the survivors of Armageddon would be the Generation that does not pass away, and the Anointed are not it. wt take note.

A bible secret the WT seem to not understand.....

Revelation 3:10 talks of those who will be exempted and kept from the so called great tribulation. The great tribulation for those who didn't prove themselves. That scripture alone throws out the entire WT teaching about the GT of the bible.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The reason why Lazarus again died a Christian or JW would say , is he was resurrected before Jesus died for mans sins.

• waton
    waton
    The reason why Lazarus again died a Christian or JW would say , is he was resurrected before Jesus died for mans sins.

CS: if that is so, why are the resurrection and death of the knitter Dorcas and the sleeper at meetings Eutychus, who happened to pay for their sins after Jesus did it already earlier, and delivered that value to heaven, not a ransom too?

3. Then it was Jesus evidently meant anybody born in 1914, that generation wouldn't die until the end.

Bad Wolf:

3a) would not die until way after the end and if "anointed" administer the establishment of paradise, well into the 1000year reich.

• waton
    waton
    Only the survivors of Armageddon would be the Generation that does not pass away, and the Anointed are not it. wt take note. as quoted from Waton.
    Bad-Wolf; good point added to that argument. thanks. Rev. 3:10, ".. I will keep you from the hour of test.." which is equivalent of saying that because of the chosen ones, the tribulation will be cut short.
    chosen ones in Isaiah 65? building houses? you have a pm. can't get rid of the yellow, pepsodent?
  • LV101
    LV101

scratchme1010 -- "They are also preparing for their religious demise." Are you referring to the Watchtower JWs? or all doomsday cults in general per the video?

I tried to view it but after few seconds realized I can't take it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit