Don't JWs teach that this generation who saw the events of 1914 had to be baptized in 1914 or before?
I have in my research a the whole chain, but without pulling it up, if I remember correctly the generation teaching morphed as follows......
1. Jesus evidently meant Those who were annointed or of it during 1914 (meaning they would have been adults).
2. As #1 timing was getting close to closure, then added time by saying Jesus evidently meant just anybody old enough to understand the events of 1914, any 15 year old or older wouldn't die until the end.
3. Then it was Jesus evidently meant anybody born in 1914, that generation wouldn't die until the end.
4. Then it was Jesus evidently meant a generation symbolic of things happening around the time period of 1914. (in early 1990s)
5. Then it was "The stupid rank and file have been trying to predict or put a date and time period to the end, and the bible clearly says that can not be done, the generation shouldn't try to be predicted. The GB have never done that, it's always been the rank and file's fault". (in the mid/late 1990's)
6. Then the GB started predicting again with another Jesus evidently meant, forgot what the immediate one after was.
7. Now the latest, Jesus evidently meant an overlapping generation.
Let's thank the unfaithful and reckless slave for this new light, as they show they have 100% God's backing with these timely updates and that anybody who doesn't listen to them should DIE!