Need to vent: My loathing for the JW cult increases more and more, while my wife clings more and more to it

by goingthruthemotions 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I come here on this website and I see a lot of ex-witnesses who have just lost their minds. A religion isn't going to go away. You're not going to take it down. People are not going to change. You need to hear this from someone.

If more people were kinder here they would try to have an intervention for those stuck in the cycle of this sort of thinking. Nothing is going to change. The more you hang onto that way of thinking the more miserable you're going to be. You're giving yourself false hope thinking something is going to change, which allows you to hold onto the thought that maybe you won't lose what you're afraid you're going to lose.

Everyone has the freedom to believe what they want to believe; whether it's dumb, true, false, great, whatever. Look around at society. The only thing you can choose is the right choice for you. You can't make other people make that choice. Believing the future will resolve it all out is cheating yourself out of the time you could be letting go and moving on with your life.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Mad Irishman,

If more people were kinder here they would try to have an intervention for those stuck in the cycle of this sort of thinking.

good point - sometimes the protective revulsion becomes a problem of its own

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Dubs are basically religious narcissists.

Ignore them while they go about their cult activities and don't get sucked in to participating in their mini-dramas about getting to meetings/fs on time etc.

Again, ignore their cult activities it drives them nuts.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Hang in there my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit