Need to vent: My loathing for the JW cult increases more and more, while my wife clings more and more to it

by goingthruthemotions 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Just as i think my loathing for the JW cult has peaked, it goes higher and higher. i wish this cult would just go away. i wish my wife would just wake up. I wish i could go back in time and never get involved in this cult.

the frustrating part is this....As i pull away more and more from this cult, my wife gets closer and closer. every freaking time i see her on her tablet, it reading the JW B.S.

i don't tell her nothing, because...if she's going to wake up, it will have to be on her own. i just don't see that happening.

Good God, i hate this cult.

this is for you lurkers and active JW's....Please wake up and help take down this cult. Were going to have to do this as a team.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sounds like she is trying to armor herself. Create more spiritual distance. Or perhaps that is her habit.

Best not to challenge her beliefs as she will have to find her own way out. Hopefully you can meet on different levels and keep your relationship going.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

How I helped my wife out.

I put "red pill" in her cereal. I put "red pill" in her coffee. I put "red pill" in her pasta.

I put it in everything. But instead of one whole "red pill", I used the cheese grater so she would hardly notice.

Every conversation we had was laced with "red pill".

For instance.

Me: "Honey, so... the '1000yr reign is 1000 years right?"

Her: "Yes"

Me: "So the Kingdom began in 1914... right?"

Her: "Yes..."

Me: "So there's only 900 years left... I hope Jesus does something soon!"

Her: "SHARP BURST OF ANGER" (you have to have a strong stomach)

And I could hear one of the tentacles detach. "PhSttt"

This is an example. I did so many I lost track.

She posts here now. Maybe she remembers some.

Like the time we went for a walk down to our local park. He honey. Help this guy out.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    i like that biblexaminer
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Win her over with consistent support and love

Spendtime doing things that make life fun.

Help her see life outside of the witnesses routine.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The cult is not "going away" or going to be "taken down".

Live your life and make your decisions assuming it will be here another 50-100 years - in other words long after we are all dead and gone.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The cult is not "going away" or going to be "taken down".

Not in my (our?) lifetime.

I was physically ill when I first discovered TTATT. I wanted to find that all I was learning was untrue. I wanted it to be The Truth. I involved my wife in my dilemma; in my questions; in my doubts. I told her I was praying for the insight to know THE (REAL) TRUTH (not to be confused with The (JW) Truth). She is a smart lady. She too could see that there were no satisfying answers and thus she could not help me with my doubts. It had all (or at least mostly) been a lie.

Doc

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    I'm with you man...same situation and feelings here :-(
  • baker
    baker
    there,s a lot out here like you. I don't go out to dinner any more cause my partner takes it as an opportunity to annoy other patrons with passing out silly tracks. I loose my appetite and just start looking at my iPhone like everyone else . sad
  • baker
    baker
    If you ever watched "The Waltons" the story line is very similar, the wife is a believer and her husband is unbelieving. One episode the wife finally gets her husband to go to church and the preacher starts to talk about unbelievers like him. He got so mad he turned red and stormed out of there. She always treated him with respect though and the show showed how people of different beliefs could get along. The world is full of couples like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit