Are the GB very intelligent men with higher than average IQ? Or are they stupid men who were put in their position by sheer “LUCK”

by John Aquila 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think they are ass kissing dumshits who love prominence, power, glory, and expensive possessions.

They have no conscience and no sense of justice. They do not have a moral compass.

DUMBSHITS.

Kate xx

• Magnum
    Magnum

To be fair and honest, I'd say they might be a little above average, but far from "very intelligent" as mentioned in the thread title.

I have a strong interest in language, grammar, logic, etc. and have paid close attention to Watchtower publications for the last 30 or so years. I have found the writing to be subpar and filled with grammatical errors, errors in logic, poor reasoning, poor flow of meaning, etc. To me, that reflects badly on the GB. If I were a GB member, I'd proofread all material and correct problems before the material goes to press. I believe the current GB members are incapable of recognizing such flaws and errors.

It seems that Jackson might be one of the smarter ones, however, I heard him speak at a dist conv a few years ago and found out that he doesn't know or understand the grammar of his own language. For example, he kept saying things like "How does this apply to you and I?"

There was a letter from the GB in one of the mags in the last few years that has a terrible logical error in it. I can't believe that not one member of the GB caught it. It jumped out at me when I was doing a quick read of the letter.

So, maybe a little above average when considering average to be the night stocker at the grocery store, but far from "very intelligent".

Billy the Ex: Their primary qualifications are the ability to nibble crackers and sip wine annually.

That really is true. That is the number one qualification. A JW male could be the most loving, self-sacrificing, hardworking, intelligent, knowledgeable, humble, well-rounded person in all JWdom, but if he doesn't sip wine and nibble cracker, he can't be on the GB.

So there just aren't that many to choose from. It's not like that they have a large pool of potential candidates.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

How many of the GB members went to college??

It's my understanding that they all have the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree.

In the JW world, do they still believe if reading the WT & Awake 4-8 years is an equivalent of a college degree?

Now that it's going to be bi-monthly and is half what it was in the 90s, does that mean it takes 20 years of reading to reach that urban myth?

I don't necessarly believe a person has to have a college degree to be equated as being intelligent. A person can be well read, and have a limited public education. I doubt these men are well read, and if they are I doubt they use critical thinking. That is my opinion referenced by their communication on www.jw.org

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    What idiots to approve the revived "generations" idea applying it to themselves, utter morons...and they must think we are idiots. Did any stand up and say "now that sounds abit siĺly brothers, lets not whip a dead horse...."
  • Mary
    Mary

I think they somehow managed to 'Pull a Homer'

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Whether they are legit or not IQ would have nothing to do with it. The apostles weren't geniuses. And I don't hear anyone calling GB members geniuses. And I've worked with some pretty intelligent people in Corporate America through the years. Intelligence is relative and people with high IQ's can be completely inept in something they are not good at.

Most people could not tell someone who had a Genius IQ from someone who does not. They can spot an idiot right away. But a 138 IQ verses a 160 IQ isn't that noticeable to most people. Just saying.

• Stealth
    Stealth

For most of the WT history someone on the GB had a very active roll in producing content. Russel, Rutherford, Fred Franz, Ray Franz were all prolific writers of propaganda content.

I am not aware of any GB members today who are as actively involved in producing content and a primary reason for the recycled food and dumb down content IMO.

For this reason I say they are dumber then previous members.

For what they lack in writing ability and producing new spiritual content, they more than make up for in shrewedness.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

For most of the WT history someone on the GB had a very active roll in producing content. Russel, Rutherford, Fred Franz, Ray Franz were all prolific writers of propaganda content.

I am not aware of any GB members today who are as actively involved in producing content and a primary reason for the recycled food and dumb down content IMO.

For this reason I say they are dumber then previous members.

For what they lack in writing ability and producing new spiritual content, they more than make up for in shrewedness.

Totally agree GB1 had some respectability, as in Grandfatherly. The new bunch are like used car salesmen. Anyhow now that TTATT is out it's a done deal their glory years are over thanks to the abundant information that's out there on WT history.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"For what they lack in writing ability and producing new spiritual content, they more than make up for in shrewedness."

Shrewd? Based on recent disclosures, they're giving every reason to believe they're bungling away a fortune on the way to insolvency.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, they inherited a legacy from much smarter, savvier men, and as such, never really knew what to do with it.

As a result, they've been throwing anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks, in response to crises they never expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit