Have You Ever Written A Letter To the Society?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, I sent them a letter when I was a pioneer and was being considered for appointment as a Ministerial Servant, so I would say I was in "good standing" at the time. My letter was never responded to.

Elsewhere, sometimes I am unexpectedly stunned by the WTS' statements. They said that your family made a "personal decison" to shun you? AS IF their doctrines of men were somehow not at all involved in that decision!

EVERY act or failure to act is a "personal decision," if you want to parse deeply enough.

Even if I have a gun to your head, you could choose to disregard my "guidance" and make a "personal decision" to have your brains splattered on the way. It's YOUR choice, isn't it? Nobody FORCED you, did they?

The WTS should make Bill Clinton an honorary uber-dub.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Unless one praises the Tower, they are not interested in answering questions. In their self-appointed role as God's Organization, they view questions from the rank-n-file as not "waiting on Jehovah." I wrote a letter to the Tower several years ago--still waiting for a reply. I guess Jehovah gets a lot of mail and can't keep up with the volume.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    always receive a cold form letter in return -- one of them was a short paragraph asking that my HUSBAND write to them about the matter.

Nina,

Apparently they are telling you that you have no brain, you cannot think for yourself without the aid of your husband. Those of us who have met you, visited with you know very well how intelligent you are. I suspect the commune people in NY also know. Funny, they wouldn't appreciate Big Tex's thoughts either.

About the time I think I've heard everything, something like this crops up. Bug

• Francois
    Francois

I wrote to them once to detail the behavior of an elder who was "skinning the sheep" just as sure as you're born. This guy was one of the most abrasive, most...well, just suffice it to say that if he was on fire, I wouldn't, um pee on him. This letter was about ten legal pages long, typed, single-spaced. The elder in question was always finding fault with everything and when he started in on me, I returned the favor with my letter to the society.

The upshot of all this was that he was removed as an elder. Yay me, boo him! When that happened, he moved to a different KH to where he had some buddies, and they made him an elder all over again. He was really the picture of humility, wasn't he? He just HAD to be an elder, or all was not right in the universe. No matter. I got his butt booted and I enjoyed every minute of it. Then I stopped going to meetings, rejected the JWs in toto, and have never been back to this day over 25 years later. I guess you could call it "going out with a bang."

francois

• Mary
    Mary

Yep, I wrote a letter about one of our perverted elders, after a young sister complained about his learing attitude towards her. This guy was a pig and no one could stand him. We had heard rumours that years before this incident, he had had an affair with a worldly woman. One of the other elders (who actually was a decent guy), started doing a bit of background work on this other elder. Brother Pervert got wind of it and ended his affair before he got caught.

Even though this guy has managed to hold on to his title as as elder, I'm sure Bethel's watching him closely as there have been several complaints about him over the years.

He's truly scum.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

The week after Dateline story broke I called the Society and was patched through to a yes man. He placed blame on the victims and I LOST it I told him I had believed that the witnesses had no love amongst themselves BUT I NEVER would have believed they covered up such atrocities he rambled and I yelled finally I hung up

• Swan
    Swan

No, but apparently one was written about me.

Tammy

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I never thought about writing a letter to the Society. I always thought it would go in File 13, especially if it were the least controversial. I just humbly agreed with (most) everything and continued my journey with the Borg. Then 10 years ago this month, a light went off in my head (because of the Branch Davidian crisis) and I knew I was in a certified cult.

• minimus
    minimus

Did you know that when you send a letter to the Society, they send your letter to the elders and tell them to take care of your problem?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Shutterbug: Well, I am blond (somewhat), so maybe that's why -- silly little me! Glad you could see through the highlights!

Minimus: Yes, they do immediately get in touch with the elders in one's congregation -- the funny thing about that was that Big Tex wrote a pretty hot letter about his stuff some time ago, when we were in the White Rock congregation. He mentioned the events that took place when we were in Arlington, and also mentioned that we were now in White Rock, but obviously the drones at Customer Service didn't read that far because they sent a copy of the letter to the Arlington congregation and referenced them as "our" congregation. I'm waiting to see what will happen with my latest letter because I didn't say a word about the congregation where my publisher card is. And I don't think my dad's congregation knew where I was supposed to be going. We'll see if anyone is interested enough to do a little detective work -- so far, nothing.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit