Ex-jw Fifth interviews Bethelite from 1975. Well worth watching!

by Diogenesister 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Another great interview by FIFTH here. This lady was at Bethel in 1975 and reminisces that many women at Bethel expressed enormous regret at not having a family. It seems that many witnesses back then were aware that Watchtower really didn't know what they were talking about when it came to making predictions.

https://youtu.be/7dYooih3FJI

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

followed

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

Damn. Saw that it lasted 48 minutes, and thought I'd just stick around for maybe five. Couldn't stop.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Wow. Thank you for posting. This is an excellent video. Make yourself a coffee or tea, sit back and listen for 48 minutes.

This is an IMPORTANT view, especially for those who do not know, comprehend, understand what life as a JW up to, during and after 1975 was all about. This woman and her husband were at Bethel during 1975. They left the following year and as she states, 17 couples left the same week end they did, to hopefully start their families, putting their full time service on hold (and all of what that means in WT world).

They knew and loved Ray Franz in Bethel. Listen as she tells you what forbidden thing, she and her husband did, that led to their waking up and leaving WT.

PS. She also knows the 2 elders on video giving the new introduction to Bethelites, men and women aka The Pillow Gate talk.

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

“Ex-JW Fifth,” whose name is Cliff, has a number of interviews uploaded to YouTube. Each is excellent and well worth your time to listen. His own awakening journey is both riveting and heartbreaking as well—available also in Spanish and Portuguese, two languages in which he became fluent while a super-dub.

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972 - 2/2001

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Interesting discussion. She came to Bethel about same time I did. We knew some of same people. And I think she may have worked with a friend of mine.

• wasone
    wasone

I believe she use to post here as joy2bfree and her husband, now deceased, was just2laws.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I believe she use to post here as joy2bfree and her husband, now deceased, was just2laws.

AH thank you Was one, I wondered what became of her husband, as she referred to husband "as was". Sad she lost him then. I imagine having lost family and friends through shunning, loosing the spouse one exits with must be doubly distressing 😞

• Gayle
    Gayle

Is it possible to contact Joy? I left Bethel 6/74, Married at Bethel 10/73, got pregnant 6 mos. later so we left, best things to happen to me, I always tell her she (my daughter) saved me. I laughed hearing Joy singing as I also heard it "if you're nervous the service, have a baby."

Joy may have known my sister, Debbie Barr. They left around the time that Joy left maybe. Always glad to hear ones from Bethel leaving and many leaving the org. altogether. It's all such a laughter after several decades.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Gayle You could try to contact Joy through exjw- Fifth whose name is Cliff, via his you tube channel. I know he has a blog or website listed there.

WasoneI also noticed that Joy mentioned despite what she thought was a successful fade, she was hauled into a JC after an elder tracked her down on (this?)forum and happened to read her views on the blood policy. In the JC he quizzed her on her views, and finally admitted they called the JC because he had read her post and knew she disagreed with Watchtowers anti blood transfusion doctrine!!! What a creep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit