Young People Ask: I’m Attracted to the Same Sex—Does That Mean I’m Gay?

by pale.emperor 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Through my biology classes in school, I learned that during the adolescent years, hormone levels can fluctuate greatly.

Yeah? and when your biology class teaches about evolution, does she also learn?

• steve2
    steve2

A Question Young People Ask:

"Why are jw org answers always so damn superficial?"

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

My wife and I have been in the Arts for years,(retired opera singers) and have been surrounded by gay people our entire careers, so realize that they're perfectly normal people that just happen to fall into a different spectrum on the gender scale.

My wife has been a witness all her life (I'm not and have never been). She is totally non-homophobic, has nothing bad to say about the LGBT movement, is awake to much of the false doctrine of the Watchtower, and still can't shake some of the indoctrination she's received her entire life.

There are some couples in our congregation in which the husband, to all appearances, displays what one might call the "markers" of a gay male. I've actually heard sisters remark on this. They even come right out and say "of course he's gay!"). This is accepted because they fall into the category of "ones who have resisted their sexual urges". (In the cases of those with children, I'm inclined to believe they are bi-sexual or gender-neutral)

Anyway, my wife, due to her upbringing, and certain scriptures, still feels that homosexual acts are wrong, and that people in that situation should refrain from sex with others of the same sex. She agrees that it's unfair, but that's just the way it is. I have to say, she has never expressed this view in public, and treats our gay friends exactly like any others. We often go over and have drinks with the delightful lesbian couple next door.

So, what can we do if intelligent, kind people, still cling to these beliefs? Despite the recent election in the United States, that revealed we still have a long way to go, I do see a shift (particularly in the younger generation) that gives me hope that eventually people will accept that the Bible is wrong on this issue.

Till then, all we can do is keep pointing out to our children the fallacies of the Watchtower position, promote critical thinking, and let our children make informed decisions about this subject.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Old People Ask: I'm Attracted to Nobody- Does that Mean I'm Dead?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Steve2:

Because they are written by people with no real education,

Or experience,

But wait,

They do know the Bible,

Oh yeah,

I already covered that

:0)

• Sorry
    Sorry

"The Bible explicitly states that homosexuality is an abomination. These worldly scientists that are trying to push this gay agenda have no regards for the ultimate book that was influenced by the Creator of this world, Jehovah God. It's unnatural. Truly the last days." My mother.

Can't reason with most Christians on the topic of homosexuality.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Nope, it's very natural. All over other animal species.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Through my biology classes in school, I learned that during the adolescent years, hormone levels can fluctuate greatly.

Are you kidding me? My hormones and libido in my adolescence stayed very high all the time, no fluctuation. And if my male friends were telling the truth, they too were horny all the time. Today, at 52, I may have to make a mental effort to get aroused, but back in my teen years no mental efforts got it down. I had to use physical violence to get it down.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    never a jw - "I had to use physical violence to get it down."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...their behavior is learned through masturbation..."

That one still gobsmacks me.

The only thing I can think of that would explain why they thought that way...

...is that closeted gay GB members were also epic wankers in their teens, and blamed the former on the latter in some desperate and crazy-ass effort to explain it away. :laughing:

It'd also go a long way towards explaining the anti-jerking pep talks that newbie Bethelites reportedly had to endure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit