by freemindfade 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

My favorite part of from Pixels letter above:

Please keep this notice confidential.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

This part!!!

"Public edition of The Watchtower and Awake!: Beginning in January 2016, the magazines for the public will be published bimonthly, that is, every two months. We will offer one magazine to the public each month, alternating between The Watchtower and Awake! During January, we will offer The Watchtower. During February, we will feature subjects in Awake!, and so on. This arrangement will allow us to focus on the appealing information in each magazine for the entire month. In addition, an issue date will no longer be printed on the cover. Instead, the magazines will be identified by a number followed by the year. Why is this helpful? We often would like to offer older magazines because the message is just what the householder needs. However, the date on the cover may give the impression that the information is out-of-date. That will no longer be an obstacle. We are confident that you will offer the life-giving information in the magazines with renewed enthusiasm."

THIS IS HUGE! And it's written so Orwellian...'This arrangement will allow us to focus on the appealing information in each magazine for the entire month.'

Um, that is NOT the reason! The public magazines were 4 a month FOREVER! And then 2 a month for a short while, and suddenly ONE a month. ONE. And the same magazine is printed only once every two months. The implications are huge. A very severe cutting back of costs, to be sure. 'Renewed enthusiasm', oh the GALL!!

As for the meeting names, treasure, gems...you can see where their heart is!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"The Teach Us book does not replace the Bible Teach book. Rather, it will be useful when studying with individuals who need to have the truth presented in a simpler manner."

Fun With Dick and Jane for JWs?

"Please keep this notice confidential."

Talk about fumbling the ball...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    "Public edition of The Watchtower and Awake!: Beginning in January 2016, the magazines for the public will be published bimonthly, that is, every two months."

Does that qualify as cutting the spiritual diet in half?

This religion is not what it used to be. It's changing fast. Very fast!

It's unimaginable what it will look like 10 years from now.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Oh, and one other thingy...

These days the stuff published out of Watchtower is, for the most part, Dick and Jane level material. And the minority of stuff that attempts to be "deep" is pathetically transparent stupid (think: generation overlap). It's so stupid you wonder if they're not doing it on purpose to thin the flock! At least in Franz's day the "deep" stuff was mangled up aplenty that it took a dozen reads and re-reads to figure out it was nonsense, and when you tried to explain why it was nonsense the average JW was left dizzy! Not any more! These days they just put sh_t on the plate and serve it up!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    If this is true about the construction work being suspended, there is just no logic. The May 2014 letter about the loan forgiveness to the congregations, but to keep on sending a lump sum of money each month, now this?? Something seems very, very wrong with the Borg. That is if they are to keep on receiving millions from the congregations each month then only to suspend construction work. What gives??
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Beth Sarim

I tried to clarify this from my source, he didn't seem clear himself on the scope of the construction stoppage. He was under the impression it only applied to new York and wouldn't affect kingdom halls. But again he was uncertain. He is also a remote worker in the US so he may have gotten limited details.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    It's unimaginable what it will look like 10 years from now.

Ideally only existing as a footnote in history.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Bethel downsize. They are having a RIF, reduction in force. That much i have confirmed. Someone also said KH building is stopped, that I have not confirmed.

freemindfadean hour ago

Beth Sarim
    I tried to clarify this from my source, he didn't seem clear himself on the scope of the construction stoppage. He was under the impression it only applied to new York and wouldn't affect kingdom halls. But again he was uncertain. He is also a remote worker in the US so he may have gotten limited details.

My contact indicated to me that the construction freeze applied to "assembly halls and bigger", so it would not affect Kingdom Hall construction.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Marvin Shilmer
    At least in Franz's day the "deep" stuff was mangled up aplenty that it took a dozen reads and re-reads to figure out it was nonsense, and when you tried to explain why it was nonsense the average JW was left dizzy! Not any more! These days they just put sh_t on the plate and serve it up!
    If I could give you a thousand "likes" for this comment, I would!

McDonald's is going to have a huge pile of job applications from secularly unqualified citizens. I'd love to see how an ex-Bethelite would handle foul mouth, abusive customers. Probably just tell them that Jehovah does not approve and quote a scripture only to be told to "shut the fuck up and give me my cheesburger, bitch". Welcome to the real world boys and girls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit