Rumor Confirmed!: Bethel Downsize First Hand

by freemindfade 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Teach Us Book: The first provision is a new 224-page publication entitled What Can the Bible Teach Us? It is based on the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? The Teach Us book does not replace the Bible Teach book. Rather, it will be useful when studying with individuals who need to have the truth presented in a simpler manner. Besides having simplified text, the Teach Us book has the following additional features:

This is definitely targeted at children and vulnerable adults with learning difficulties. I am outrages at this and I agree this needs a new thread, if you haven't already

As far as the downsizing is concerned it's clear they're funding law suits without the GB going without their luxury lifestyles.

Kate xx

• Londo111
    Londo111

So the magazines have been cut in half yet again...

How soon until they are cut altogether?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    So many of the laid off Bethelites could be pissed. Anyone ever been laid off? It sucks! Especially if you have been working for free waiting for your pet panda for years.
  • carla
    carla

Is the letter real? What does it mean for weekday meetings? they are just changing the format? sorry to be dense.....

"Our Christian Life and Ministry Meeting: Beginning the week of January 4, 2016, congregations will have a new midweek meeting called Our Christian Life and Ministry. This one meeting will replace the three separate meetings currently being held, namely, the Congregation Bible Study, the Theocratic Ministry School, and the Service Meeting."

You mean the midweek meeting actually counts as 3 meetings? aagh! I am all messed up! someone refresh my memory, thanks much. (Sunday still counts as 2 meetings right?) why does this even matter? you go to the kh for say 2 hours, normal people would count it as 1 meeting but then we count generations differently too.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The name of the meeting and the parts is SOOOOO idiotic. This religion has gone full stupid.
  • pixel
    pixel

JUST POSTED:

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS

Re: Letter Dated October 4, 2015 Dear Brothers:

On Saturday, October 3, 2015, after 3:00 p.m. in New York, a letter to all congregations will be posted in the “Letters” section of jw.org. A related video will be posted in the “Event Media” section of jw.org. It is our desire that, where possible, the letter be read to the congregation and the video be played for the congregation at the first congregation meeting after its receipt. In many cases, this will be at the conclusion of the Watchtower Study on October 4, 2015. Of course, in some parts of the world, the next congregation meeting will be the Service Meeting during the week of October 5, 2015. At circuit assemblies and conventions, the letter will be read by the last speaker on the program at the conclusion of his talk. The video should also be played if possible. Otherwise, the video should be played at the next congregation meeting. We are providing this advance notice so that all can be prepared to receive the letter and video. Please keep this notice confidential. We send our warm Christian love. Your brothers,

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "The scary thing is that it's so well written it could be real..."

What! It's not real? If that letter ain't real then Watchotwer-Free deserves a Nobel Prize for Watchtower parody.

• JHK
    JHK

From Spain. September 23, 2015:

“I wanted to discuss with you the news that has reached me through a Bethelite of Spain close friend of my father. Apparently this morning during the “morning worship” have been told that the dirt has decided to make cuts in all Bethel homes in the whole world. They even canceled some projects previously approved construction. It seems that many Bethelites redeployed as regular pioneers to reduce Bethel families. And of course, the funny thing is that they are happy, because as you have said it is not because there is crisis, or because donations have plummeted (lest you believe that the Lord has withdrawn the blessing), but to promote and enhance the preaching !! So everyone is happy … All assemblies recruiting volunteers to Bethel, people leaving their lives to volunteer in dedication to God (although most of the ones I know were to show off and pick up all the sisters who fell into their networks ). People who spent years working without pay and send them home with a hand in front and one behind, no job and no prospects, wing! Espabilad! And the others, ohhh, how wise the CG, we are in the last days and the preaching is the most urgent task we can do! Of course we must recognize that they are the kings of marketing, they are great …”

http://www.extj.com/showthread.php?26763-Recortes-by-WT&p=494028#post494028

• flipper
    flipper

As John Aquila said regarding WT leaders - " we do care about " kingdom interests and the end " Just not the way JW's think !!!! "

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head. 1600 Bethelites get laid off for what reason ? Must be more child abuse lawsuits coming down the turnpike up ahead. Or other unexpected " hidden from the flock " expenses. WT Society is expecting to get the financial shaft blown up their rear ends so hey " we have to cut costs somewhere. " So the message is , " You 1,600 worker bees just go back to your hometowns and go out in service and even if you don't understand this decision of the GB from a " human " standpoint and it makes no sense whatsoever - please be assured of our warm Christian love in caring for Kingdom interests ! " Wink, wink . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

I can confirm from the european branch Selters in germany.

Now also Bethelites older 60 and older 70 have to leave Selters.

Brooklyn decides for the older 60 and the GB decides for the older 70 - if they have to leave or not. It no longer depends, how long they are Bethelites.

A group of brothers from US looking into every branch - to do so.

For me it's very disgusting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit