John Ceder used my satire about annual meeting for real

by Gorbatchov 67 Replies latest jw friends

• John Free
    John Free

I messaged Lloyd earlier to point this post out to him and he asked me to share this:

Great thanks. If you could just pass on the following: "I'm very grateful that this has been drawn to my attention. The information was passed on to our team by a someone who was a trusted source and was included in the show notes from which I was reading during the recording. I'm mortified to learn that the information isn't accurate because we pride ourselves on accuracy and truthfulness, so I am taking steps to edit out the relevant parts of the show as I hate the thought of misleading anyone. We're looking into what happened and what we can do to stop this from happening again in the future, but I sincerely apologise about this and I'm glad this can be acted on relatively quickly."

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

This morning when I heard them read from the list, I thought you must be psychic Gorby! :)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Congrats Gorby, you're famous! LOL!

A bit like watching SNL and thinking Alec Baldwin is President - too funny.

Where is that sarcasm/satire font when you need it.

• sir82
    sir82

Lloyd takes every measure possible to ensure that the information he presents on his YouTube channel is

informative and accurate.

Evidently, "every measure" means "Eh, looks legit, let's post it, dude."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Gorbatchov for King Of the North!

Who's with me?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Just let Cedars release new light about the situation...overlapping notes on the AM and all that.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    This is a lesson learned, and rest assured we would never accept such information for a JW Survey article without obtaining confirmation from multiple sources, which is our practice.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Gorby:

Why didn't you write right away in the end of your post that it is satire?

The ones having a laugh now is WT.

I was also in expectation of credible information about the AGM. I think it is not that funny to use this moment for a fake agenda of the AGM.

• cofty
    cofty

The OP of Gorby's thread did not read like satire.

• steve2
    steve2

I'm not sure what all the jumping up and down is all about. As has been explained, the source wasn't thoroughly checked before the video was made and that has been healthily acknowledged by John Redwood. Lloyd is taking steps to edit the sections that feature the incorrect information.

Surely it's the putting right that counts. Unless people here have the conviction that Lloyd has committed the unforgivable sin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit