11-5-17 Warwick Protest Photos

by thebrokenkite 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

@jaydee PM me and I’ll email them to you.

@stuckinarut2 Absolutely. It was almost entirely self-serving.

@the Fall Guy I think I agree, but I wanted add a dash of hope to my conclusions. For a change.

@morpheus Concerning points 1, 2, and 3: Amen, amen, and amen. Come, Lord Jebus.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I guess I'll use my imagination.

• Nacho Sanchez
    Nacho Sanchez

Who in particular bragged about being what? I think there needs to be more details provided. I saw some names like Gilbert, Parker, Joel, Spike and Neil. Of the four I only know two (Gilbert and Spike) as being former elders. Were Joel, Parker and Neil elders too?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Your good at that slim, you’ve been imagining the fall of the wt for years 😂😂😂😂😂

i kid because i love, slim ;)

to the points made by kite, i would think a date surrounding the annual meeting makes a great deal of sense. The day before or the day after, maybe one week later to address ideas dropped at the agm even, any of those makes much more sense in the witness context than 11/5.

I also understand and to some extent agree with the idea that you want to include people who have a signifigant cult experiance but i think anyone who was in the cult or touched by it has a valid cult pov. Consider a single mom who was dragging her kids to the hall. She would never be an elder or ms and because of her responsibilities with children she would likely not pioneer... but she was as devoted as any.

What i suspect you may be alluding too (and forgive me for trying to speak for you) or at least a feeling i have that may be similar, is trying to avoid having people who are loons represent the ex jw movement. You dont want bro or sis fringe jw loon who left the org because they hear voices representing those who left over doctrinal issues or childwelfare concerns etc etc. you want rational well spoken reasonable people to represent those who left for rationale reasonable reasons.

on the matter of dress.... i get that dressing in a dignified (witness like) manner may be more palatable for wintesses but i dont think its necessary. I suspect behavior and attitude would make far more of an impact than dress alone. Fix the big issues and the smaller things like dress wont show glaringly if at all.

i also agree a single issue presentation may be more desirable strictly from a marketing standpoint but you also never know what issue may touch someones heart. Perhaps try to pick a theme and have variations on that. That way you end up with a broad range of issues but centered around a theme that keeps it focused. Think “wt injustice” and signs that center around it, justice for children, justice for those who died before organ transplants etc etc.. You dont want to kill peoples creativity by boxing them in but walk a fine line keeping a focused message to try leave an inpression.

I also think general signs pointing to jw facts or this web site serve a broad purpose and a really good tactic. The internet allows witnesses to explore their doubts in private without worrying about being discovered. Even at that a lot of people here will tell you they went through a huge phase of fear, fear of the desert god striking them down for reading on this web site, fear of being outted etc etc... but the basics on jw facts and the ablity to interact here have been key for a lot of people and simple signs calling attention to these sites mixed in with others would be great.

Theres lots of really good territory to explore on this front.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

broken kite, why does the above link take me to MY dropbox instead of your photos?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thebrokenkite: Thanks for the honest review of the event.

I agree with the assessment of Morpheus.

One of the big turn offs were some of the central figures of this protest.

Before I woke up, I remember happening upon scary looking websites or videos of foaming at the mouth, ranting people. It kept me in.

Today, there is a whole new generation of those. Instead of being fact based and sticking to what can be confirmed, they indulge in wild speculation and unsubstantiated claims.

Along with this, they loudly air personal grievances of other exJWs, ranting into the camera sometimes for more than an hour or more. Sometimes they loudly read private messages. And of course, these make extreme unsubstantiated claims of criminal behavior. Despite some of these claiming to be Christian, there is nothing in the way of forgiveness or the “fruitage of the spirit”. No amount of apologies will do for these folks.

They seem to be all for tyrannical governments throwing rank and file JWs, who are already victims of Watchtower, in jail. They ignore that had they been citizens of these governments, and still JWs, they would be the ones going to jail.

I’m so glad I woke up before this new generation. It was the calm reasoning of Ray Franz helped me tremendously when I was ready. He was against being disruptive or disrespectful. Nor did he broadcast personal grievances.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • Heather Collins
    Heather Collins

And what's the funniest thing of all, is that you all are talking about it. That my dear is the point. Even you are talking about it to others. I was quite impressed with how it went. Quit being smug and arrogant, they didnt want to be organized. They don't want to be in any organization so why would they act like that all over again. Hate it, gripe and moan all you want. You still are talking about it. :) It has your attention.

• Heather Collins
    Heather Collins

What did you do? How did you help? What did your signs look like? I'm sure nothing that I would have like or thought would help. You see, those are jealous hateful statements. How about this, if you can do better, then shut up and do it and quit crying and poking fun acting like your 12.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit