Jehovah's Witnesses to settle sex-abuse case - San Diego Reader (California, US), Friday, January 12, 2018

by darkspilver 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Yes don’t got to bethel. That way, you run out of people to blame for your problems.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Hey bobby, have you ever served at bethel?

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446
    Ah of course, I need to live at bethel to understand the blame-shifting. Ok, I guess..
  • never a jw
    never a jw

. @Bobby

"What they possibly could pay out in settlements, they receive 100 fold in donations, so that’s not going to drain them in and of itself."

You have a point. However the bigger drain comes from membership losses resulting from the negative exposure. The financial troubles for the WT are just beginning, but it will be a decades long process before they can even think about folding. Their portfolio of real estate is still quite healthy.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

You have not proved that these alleged “financial troubles” even exists, so you are just buttressing your allegations with the excuse that it will be a “decades long” process.

And please, save the closing of branches talk and reduction in printing as evidence, because a new HQ was built from ground up and the organization has be digitally overhauled (a massive expenditure).

No, it does not take an unspecified amount of “decades” for a financially crumbling institution to fall. If it lasts “decades” more then it’s doing pretty well NOW.

Apathy will kill jws far faster than negative media. Why? Because they expect negative media. They expect people to tell lies. They know they are widely unpopular and disliked regardless of the accusation. If anything, negative media just affirms what they come to expect.

You would have to get them to stop caring. Best of luck there!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

😂😂 Oh my, bobby, sensative much? I just asked so as to understand your PoV

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

New troll in town?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

New troll in town?

Punk, I think that's a bit unfair. I very much appreciate the info and POV Bobby has expressed. And I don't believe in killing the messenger because I may not like the message he's delivering (unless it's proven to be BS). I happen to agree that WT's claims of "no money" is like Chicken Little's "the sky is falling". I think they're trying to suck the JDubs dry and build a huge nestegg for investment income to eliminate their dependence on the ups-and-downs in "voluntary" donations. His comments on the legal aspects of the cases appear to be based on some experience or expertise, or else he's great at "blowing smoke" up my @$$. (Hope he doesn't PM me now about buying a bridge.)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Doc - Punk, I think that's a bit unfair.

You're much kinder than I am.

Personally, I'm quite sick of gritting teeth types quick to jump up and down behind a keyboard in anonymity putting everyone right. You may have noticed my fading from the forum. It's getting a bit tedious.

(Hope he doesn't PM me now about buying a bridge.)

Await your email box to go green. Count to 10 then look at something else. You'll thank me in the end. I know stuff.

• John Davis
    John Davis

It is also interesting that Mr Zalkin is nowhere to be found when these cases settle for less than what he expected or when his cases fall apart and are dismissed. He is very good at calling press conferences when he files suit but when they fall apart he is nowhere to be found.

We have sites like Watchtower Documents and JWSurvey who says that they are in constant contact with Mr Zalkin. But it wasn't through him that this news was found or when the Lewis case was dismissed. This case was in fact settled as of December the 15th. No matter how noble the cause he is fighting he is still a lawyer who is taking these cases on contingency where he has a duty to make as much money for him and his firm that he can and to pull in as many potential clients as possible. That includes if he has to go out and find people to be plaintiffs even if they don't want to be reminded of those events. In this case, Mr Lopez admitted that he was only reminded of these events when Mr Zalkin investigator hunted him down and brought up those reports.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit