Jehovah's Witnesses to settle sex-abuse case - San Diego Reader (California, US), Friday, January 12, 2018

by darkspilver 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Now you are arguing semantics, so argue with yourself.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im sorry you feel that way bob. I have no desire to argue or “be right”, im just asking for your point of view. Let me explain.... this quote from jw dot org makes it clear who jehovahs witness look to as their leader, a quote that harmonizes with my 30+ years experiances as one of jehovahs witnesses:

Jesus guides the Christian congregation by means of Jehovah’s holy spirit, and he has at his service angels who were “made subject to him.”1 Pet. 3:22.

the article goes on to make this point:

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

If you would like to review the article in its entirety on the societies web sit here is the link:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010685

Again, it makes clear that jehovahs witnesses dont follow men nor do they rely on a particular administration or member of the gb to make decisions. Its christ leading the congregation. Whatever decisions were made in 1990 were made under christs leadership and he still leads the congregation today, correct? That makes those decisions incredibly relevant.

Im bringing this up because you seem to have a different view, as if individual men lead and not the christ. If so a review of the article from the societies web site may help clarify things for you.

Thats far from semantics.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Now, now, boys....................quit the dick measuring and play nice! Kiss & make up. We're all on the same team here.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Bobby - "...the point is the organization keeps itself rolling. It really matters nil when they did something..."

So those hurt by it shouldn't bother?

BTW, I'm pretty sure those hurt by it don't think it "matters nil".

Bobby - "...The point is the changes were made..."

No, they weren't.

The Org has, in fact, staunchly reiterated their stance - in internal documents, and to the secular authorities (ARC follow-up).

• never a jw
    never a jw

@Bobby"The only way to drain them is for a government to literally steal their money"

That would be nice. The Watchtower stole it first from congregants, as a result the congregants are now too poor to afford their own bills so they resort to "stealing" from government social programs. The money goes full circle, doesn't it?

The only losers here are the rest of us, taxpayers, who have to work hard to support so many parasitic organizations like the Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit