Do You See "The Elephant In The Room" At This JW Regional Convention?

by JW GoneBad 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Someone posted this image on their Facebook page of a recent JW RC showing a rather petite group of baptismal candidates. Notice there are nearly 75 seats (5 rows) reserved for the occasion. By my count...it looks like between 17 to 19 were baptized...with total attendance of 6,000. The youngest among them looks like between 9 and 11 years old. The vast majority look to be younger than 16 years old. Looks like there is one adult female upper left last row. Over all a disappointing .003 rate!

• Listener
    Listener

I see five females but it seems odd that the majority are males.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Something I also see is most likely most of those have been raised up, and are getting baptized because of pressure from family and or congregation members. How many will be gone before the year is up? When I was baptized there were 11 from my congregation also got baptized. In six months, half had left because they were DF or just up and left, none of them ever came back. By the time one year rolled around I was the only one who was still in. It took me about 14 years before I too left it for good.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The 6,000 in attendance got this loud & clear message as they viewed not those getting dunked...but all those empty seats (zoom-in on the cute pink Elephant saying)..."I'm not interested"!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

there seemed to be empty seats in lots of blocks

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I went to a circuit assembly recently and it was a full house... because the borders have been jigged so there were no spare seats. What was really telling though was that the "cost of running the assembly " have gone up again, up 25% from last time!

RB

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

All I see is bad preparation. I means, they already know ahead of time how many are going to be baptized, so why reserve so many seats?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I remember how nervous I was when I got baptized at 17....it was a really big deal to me. In view of that, I feel sorry for that one young boy sitting all by himself...kind of a lonely occasion for him it seems.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

All I see is bad preparation. I means, they already know ahead of time how many are going to be baptized, so why reserve so many seats?

StephaneL ....

I immediately thought the same thing.

It's not like JW baptisms are a spur of the moment thing and people say to themselves, "I think I'll get baptized while I'm here."

I mean,if you know that 10 people are coming to your home for dinner, do you set place settings for 30? Of course not.

It's just weird.

Rub a Dub

• steve2
    steve2

It would take only one elephant to empty that pool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit