Do You See "The Elephant In The Room" At This JW Regional Convention?

by JW GoneBad 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

John the Baptist should have been quoted as saying: "Sorry, I only baptize at conventions, you'll need to put your relationship with the creator of the universe on hold for the next six months."

But he wasn't.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Looks like the black man with the pink tie in the front row has fallen asleep. Who can blame him.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

A sleazy used car salesman is far more fruitful, convincing and capable at selling a pile of junk than JWs are in making converts.

You can figure that with 6,000 in attendance...with an average of 125 publishers in each congregation...plus or minus 50 congregations were represented at this Regional Convention. On average each congregation boasts 20 regular and auxiliary pioneers. That amounts to between 800 and 1,000 full time evangelizers at this event looking on and viewing this baptismal talk. There is at most 3 adult converts in that opening post picture...the rest are family JW children. How ineffective and nonproductive must these full time pioneers be to only bring 3 individuals to the point of baptism.

What the JW religion sells to the public by way of their faith amounts to a lemon and the general public know it and is reflective in these baptismal numbers!

• jp1692
    jp1692

Is that the Long Beach Arena?

• waton
    waton
    How ineffective and nonproductive must these full time pioneers be to only bring 3 individuals to the point of baptism. JGB

Not just that, the 1000s of hours weekly watching, listening, presenting the boring repetitive weekly sales training sessions aka "Christian life--" totally unrealistic. Fuller brush was doing better. not getting the brush-off.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Tameria2001 said:
    Something I also see is most likely most of those have been raised up, and are getting baptized because of pressure from family and or congregation members.

That's what I was thinking. I doubt many are completely new. Looks like a bunch of family members finally making official. Poor saps don't know what they're getting into.

• LV101
    LV101

In early 1990s life time JWs were telling me the only ones enlisting were JW kids - I did witness a few, strange, non-JW, kids, joining but only a couple. WT is down to breeding their own members like Mormans but even they've probably experienced more recruits -- they are not as successful as they were.

• LV101
    LV101

The crazy jumping into pool is the best entertainment (other than a funny apostate dude at Dodger Stadium) I've seen at a convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit