Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    Village Idiot

"Teleonomic design" is not an anthropomorphic term.
  • stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    Twitch
    Twitch

I believe you will find my new name is ShortStuff.
    Me and my tiny penis rather like the moniker.

Thank you for the welcome.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    lol
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere

I have not read all the responses but will share my thoughts on the matter.

I was raised christian, and went to a methodist church in my youth. As a kid, and young adult, yes I believed in God and respected religion in general. As I got older, more educated, more experienced in the reality of life...well, I started believing that no all powerful God would allow such atrocities to happen. I began to recognize the control religion yields over people...and all the atrocities done in the name of religion...and I became agnostic.

I still consider myself agnostic...I do not believe in the bible God...the bible just doesn't make any sense. So much crazy stuff...I believe there is a better chance of ancient aliens theories being true rather than bible god.😜😲

Religion can help some people be better people...like they need those beliefs to guide them...but most people don't need religion to be good people in general.

Humans are curious by nature. We like having reasons for why things happen. God fills that purpose.

The bible is...disgusting. there are some great lessons in there about treating people kindly...but it's mixed in with examples of treating people horribly, as well.

Angels, and God, for that matter, are given human traits...such as the angels falling in love and making babies with human women...or God arguing with Moses about smiting down the people...shoot, God has a temper that borders on jealous, murderous rage...

...and why would all of humanity suffer because 2 people who were perfect (and didn't have knowledge of bad) did something...bad?!?! How did they know it was bad if they didn't have that knowledge?

So, no, I don't believe in God. I believe in the possibility of a creator, but not one anything like the bible tells us.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    I believe that the Universe is full of order and disorder but not intelligence nor, by my definition, "design". Why would a creator god smash two galaxies together with the horrific results that occur? It makes sense when you use non-anthropomorphic terms. It's spontaneous order and disorder that makes our Universe.

Why would a creator god smash two galaxies together with the horrific results that occur?

Not a very strong argument. It is similar to these;

Why would a creator start a forest fire? Hurricane, or any other destructive fenomenen in the universe?

A simple explanation would be that it is the cycle of creation, destroy and recreate.

If you know how the universe started you would also know that these systems are a driving force in the creation of the universe we have today.

However, to say that all these complex systems and galaxies where created for us humans in our small corner of the universe is quite ridiculous and arrogant...

With my use of "creation" I am not implying a creator, it is just for lack of a better word.

• FlyingHighNow
  • prologos
    prologos

Village Idiot
    5 hours ago

Viviane: "Nope,I had so far nothing of value to say.". Why would a creator god smash two galaxies together with the horrific results that occur?

The picture is prophetic of Andromeda merging with our Alma Mater, the Milky Way. the smashing is really more like temporary merger, a fleeting loving embrace, a copulation even, with very little damage, but shocking vibrations, that will spur new star creations. Remember, all heavy elements in your body were created not only in slow cooking, but also the violent collision pressures of exploding stars, orgasmic events., VI, your picture above showing the waltzing prelude of those two galaxies that found themselves through attraction, aka gravity, thank you.

Even if it was not designed that way, that's the way it turns out.The creator must be pleased with this turn of events.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Why would a creator god smash two galaxies together with the horrific results that occur?... a fleeting loving embrace, a copulation even, with very little damage, but shocking vibrations, that will spur new star creations...violent collision pressures of exploding stars, orgasmic events.

You all have dirty minds. Here are some innocuous images to counter the above lurid descriptions.

• prologos
    prologos

S***Berthold, if you ever enjoyed the waltz, and these galaxies are turning, part of the foreplay. you know what it can lead to. and:

you did not get the message,(in blue), edited for veracity.

***you'r no saint either.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    ...if you ever enjoyed the waltz, and these galaxies are turning, part of the foreplay. you know what it can lead to.

As I've always maintained: Dancing leads to carnal relations. I am shocked...shocked and appalled sir/madam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit