Jehovah sure loves foreskins!

by rebel8 43 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

An atheist (never jw) friend of mine is an RV for a jw who he is trying to deprogram. He started this totally on his own and just telling me about it. It's quite amusing what he comes up with.

Point 1: Why the S & M stuff with foreskins?

What did they do with all those foreskins anyway? Make patchwork leather coats? Bread and fry them like pig's ears?

This blog has an interesting article:

At a camping place on the way to Egypt, the LORD met Moses and tried to kill him. Then Zipporah, his wife, took a sharp stone, cut off the foreskin of her son, and touched Moses' feet with it. Because of the rite of circumcision she said to Moses, "You are a husband of blood to me." And so the LORD spared Moses' life.
    (Exodus 4:24-26 Today's English Version)

That occurred after Yahweh had patiently explained to Moses everything he needed to do when he reached Egypt. Funny, that Yahweh didn't also tell Moses that his son needed to be circumcised. On their way to Egypt, however, Yahweh comes within a hair's breadth of terminating Moses' career over that little misunderstanding.

• schnell
    schnell

I mean, they had to toss 'em somewhere right?

Anyway this is interesting:

Circumcision is the world's oldest planned surgical procedure, suggested by anatomist and hyperdiffusionist historian Grafton Elliot Smith to be over 15,000 years old, pre-dating recorded history. There is no firm consensus as to how it came to be practiced worldwide. One theory is that it began in one geographic area and spread from there; another is that several different cultural groups began its practice independently. In his 1891 work History of Circumcision, physician Peter Charles Remondino suggested that it began as a less severe form of emasculating a captured enemy: penectomy or castration would likely have been fatal, while some form of circumcision would permanently mark the defeated yet leave him alive to serve as a slave.[23][82]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

• schnell
    schnell

Given all the talk in the Bible about slavery, doesn't that make the most sense?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

All this talk of foreskins reminded me of the joke about the guy who was involved in a near fatal car accident.

He was thrown through the windshield and sustained many injuries including having his eyelids cut off.

Fortunately however, he wasn't circumcised and because of the similarity of the skin they were able to use his foreskin to rebuild his eyelids.

For the most part everything went well but for the rest of his life he was always a little "cockeyed"

• tiki
    tiki

Groan....mr. Zahut......

• blondie
    blondie

I remember how servants of god in the past had to take the foreskins of their slain enemies to prove they had slaughtered, like scalps.

At least women had scalps, but evidently proof of killing a women did not matter.

I always wondered if circumcision will be practiced in the WTS new world, on men of course. Perfect man was created with it, so it is a part God wanted on him. Why no longer....what is the WTS position on circumcision of men in their organization?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I always wondered if circumcision will be practiced in the WTS new world, on men of course. Perfect man was created with it, so it is a part God wanted on him. Why no longer....what is the WTS position on circumcision of men in their organization?

Will they grow back in the "New System" just as an amputated arm or missing teeth would ? Would a former Israelite be resurrected with an intact foreskin? So many important questions....so few answers.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Blondie,

....what is the WTS position on circumcision of men in their organization?

If I recall, they say that it's up to the parents to make that decision.

• DJS
    DJS

Yes. Yes it does.

Young People Ask: I’m Attracted to the Same Sex—Does That Mean I’m Gay?

by pale.emperor 3 days ago

• schnell
    schnell

They're "circumcised in heart". Whatever the hell that means, slavery I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit