Difference of age

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

George Carlin said he hopes reincarnation is real so he can have sex with teenage girls again! I think the years of smoking pot have addled his brain! Maverick

• kelpie
    kelpie

My fiance is 13 years older then me and I couldnt be happier. I dont age has to do with any relationship (unless its underage)

It is all about the maturity level of each person.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Well somebody has to be older. Don't see why it matters who it is.

TimB

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Age matters and it doesn't matter.

On the practical side. If a guy wants to have kids, he probably shouldn't be marrying a woman approaching 40. It's a medical fact that most women's fertility rate dramatically declines after the age of 35 and getting pregnant may be a challenge. Yes, I know all of the fertility treatments available now, but those actually have a very low rate of success considering the cost.

On the flip side, I younger woman marrying an older man may find herself being more of a nursemaid than a wife. I have found that true for a couple of woman that I know.

Now, if people want to marry for "true love" regardless of age, I wish them all of the best success. My Mom's second husband is eleven years younger than her and only six years older than me. He didn't want to have children of his own. They have been together for over 22 years and are very happily married.

I personally think that most people should wait at least they are in their late twenties to marry. I believe that we don't start to "settle" until we are in our 30's. The twenties are the time when we are growing up and our,hopefully,"mature" personality is starting to take hold.

As for myself, I am the older woman in my marriage. My spouse especially had fun teasing me about that when I turned 40. After all, he was still 39 for ANOTHER THREE WEEKS.

Andee

• berylblue
    berylblue

I was 15 years older than my second husband. I mistook his tremendous intelligence for maturity. It was an honest mistake. And I loved him.

I told him that I felt it was wrong to marry. He said he loved me and wanted to marry me. The age difference would not matter.

In this case, it did.

Everyone is different. I would hate to make generalizations. Some of these relationships work; some do not.

Beryl

PS He was not a JW

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well!! What a nerve "Old people are always complaing about their aches & pains" How dare you. I have mentioned on occasion about having RA-but I think you will find MOST of my posts are NOT complaining>>>>>Walks away>> Now who said that ??????Cant remember>> Must be my age. But any way I want to tell you - I love a fellow who says!!! he is in his 50's dont believe him . But we have been friends now for over 14 years -he lives in another country- but I see him once a year...Well there has been nothing but friendship -but you know the scripture at Matthew 5: 28 (it applies to men also)I am guilty!!!!! Lol O.K. am I going to be stoned now for another reason instead of preaching???/Well you asked the question I gave my answer this is not the Borg----- You will get the truth here !!!!!INow you have to pick up the bible again to find out my sin!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit