Difference of age

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

LB: You're right. I guess I was thinking with the wrong head! Maverick

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Just for the record I am 33 and my wife just turned 40 . I never cared to date those young giggly types. Of course before I got married, I dated a few (strictly for the physical aspects ... he he) but, I soon realized that I was going to end up with with a well built, helpless girl who had a cup size larger than her I.Q.

I will never regret my decision to be with my Amanda. She is warm, intelligent, sexy and a proffessional too! I wouldn't trade her for all the cylicone tits on the planet!

Of course this isnt 20 years difference.... but I am often questioned about the "age" difference. Age is a state of mind. I did not "settle for anything"... I got the best. So dont get the impression that I married some two hundred pound, granny. (no offense) love u baby.

• Xena
    Xena

I have pretty much dated younger men most of my life (course I was a JW and my dating life has been SHORT..but I am trying to make up for lost time), my ex was 2 years younger than me. I don't do it on purpose though it just seems to work out that way, I look for men I have something in common with and who make me laugh lol age doesn't matter when you have a sense of humor!

As long as you love each other and have things in common I really don't see why age should be a factor.....if you are spending quality time with someone you love how can you be taking anything away from them? Sounds all good to me

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thank Dog for large age differences, as my father was 55 and my mother 28 when I was born. Besides, if a woman only has sex with men close to her own age when she's in her early twenties, then gets married to one of them, she's likely to end up as a 30-something realizing she's never been made love to properly. Then there's hell to pay.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I am 16 years older than Mrs. Thirdson. When I first met her, and for several months afterwards, I did not consider asking her out on a date. I didn't think she'd ever want to date me (an old man of 38) and besides I had a 10 year son as well. Well, she hinted enough so I took the chance. Here we are nearly five years later: she has a strapping 15 year old (his birthday was last Saturday), rugby playing, stepson and we are madly in love and intend to stay that way.

Mrs. Thirdson has her own career; she is pretty well running the non-profit organization she works for (and interviewing prospective executive directors -- i.e., her new boss). She is a member of the church council of the Cathedral we attend and is active on two committees including a group dedicated to promoting peace and reconciliation. I certainly do not control her nor have I molded her in to the person I think she should be, I think she is wonderful just the way she is, even if we disagree on certain issues.

I very rarely give attention to our age difference. S. is my best friend, at least equal, if not exceeding me intellectually. She is bi-lingual and an accomplished violinist. I, on the other hand, barely manage to write English and can hardly sing, having almost no musical ability. S. often feels insecure because of things we cannot control and is angry at decisions our political leaders make. She has on several occasions written to our representatives at state and federal level and to the President as well.

I am still amazed that we got together and am truly blessed to have such a wonderful wife. I think she looks great too : )

Thirdson

PS my JW parents were deeply concerned about S, not because of our age difference, but merely because she wasn't a JW.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nina robbed the cradle. She met me when I was 19, and she was 25. I used to tell the kids that when Mommy was born the whole world was in black and white and that was why all of her baby pictures were black and white and mine were in color.

• Realist
    Realist

JH,

if people have differnet interests than they shouldn't get married even if they have the same age!

however, if people love each other and have similar interests it doesn't matter if they are 20 years apart.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

LB,

I have to agree with you 100 percent. My wife and I are 12 years apart. Me being the oldest. When we got married she was 21 I was 33. Everything seemed perfect. Now she is 31 and I am 43, she is not even close to being the same person she was back then. If I met her today I would not EVEN marry her. We have very little in common and just seem to be hanging on because its the right thing to do.

Before I got married a good female friend of mine told me that people make major life changes between 21 and 25. I said yea yea yea. But you don't know my girl. Was she ever right. There is nothing about her thats the same. Looks, attitude,interests, views. Everything is different.

If I was to ever do it again(which I won't). I would marry someone closer to my own age.

Diamond

• Realist
    Realist

diamond,

why ??? just marry someone over 25! :)))

• JH
    JH

Realist,

I agree with you that love is strong, and when 2 people are in love, they don't look at age difference.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I would do the same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit