Advice to reduce hours earn less and spend more time on the ministry

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EXBETHELITENOWPIMA:

Thanks. Your post touched on everything.

I cannot believe the religion is still at this late date telling people they shouldn’t work, etc. The congregations are filled with needy people. The few remaining responsible people (most of whom are older) are going to pass away at some point. What then? A sea of needy grasping people - and a religion who promoted the faulty teachings with No social programs whatsoever??

The question is: who would choose to be around any of this dysfunction and desperation?.. I ran ages ago.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Locally a 90 year old needed help. His family was out of town and alienated because he was an ornery old coot. a sister and husband responded, but ( no thinking by yourself)got advice from the borg. They said since his family was in, it was solely their responsibility, so walk away. To their credit they didn't

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@ Blondie

I believe this may be what you remember.

*** w14 3/15 p. 22 par. 10 Honor the Aged Among You ***

10 Full-time servants whose theocratic assignments have taken them far from home may face particularly difficult decisions. Those serving as Bethelites, missionaries, and traveling overseers all view their assignment as precious, as a blessing from Jehovah. Still, if their parents get sick, the first reaction might be, ‘We need to leave our assignment and return home to look after our parents.’ Yet, it would be wise to consider prayerfully whether that is what the parents really need or desire. No one should hastily give up service privileges, and it may not always be necessary. Could the health issue be temporary, one with which some in the parents’ congregation would be happy to help?—Prov. 21:5.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I recall that article. I, along with many others, was mystified by the logic which was in stark contrast to the scriptural admonition of caring for aging parents. Our conductor stumbled through it and offered apologetic explanations for why it was written.

I knew why it was written and so did many others. WTC was already selling KHs in ernest due to CSA lawsuits and revenue shortfalls. Numbers were bad and they spun like a ferris wheel to get full-time servants to stay in their assignments. Armageddon was no where to be seen and folks were throwing in the towel.

It was obvious to me. Was it to you?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

There are many who were told to ‘put the truth first’ ahead of everything even family, even looking after aged parents. Make sacrifices even good careers even your life savings.

There we’re some couple and some individuals who have up a lot to serve full time free labour for the fat Rolex wearing men at the top.

When they get old themselves their free labour is now longer valued and they are cast out.

then the next generation of younger ones are deceived into giving the life to free labour.

those older ones who were cast out are really struggling to find somewhere to live and support themselves

it’s very unfair because the lucky few get to be special pioneers and have all their expenses met and live in easy street

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks FedUpJW, now I know I wasn't dreaming this: *** w14 3/15 p. 22 par. 10 Honor the Aged Among You ***

10 Full-time servants whose theocratic assignments have taken them far from home may face particularly difficult decisions. Those serving as Bethelites, missionaries, and traveling overseers all view their assignment as precious, as a blessing from Jehovah. Still, if their parents get sick, the first reaction might be, ‘We need to leave our assignment and return home to look after our parents.’ Yet, it would be wise to consider prayerfully whether that is what the parents really need or desire. No one should hastily give up service privileges, and it may not always be necessary. Could the health issue be temporary, one with which some in the parents’ congregation would be happy to help?—Prov.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit