Advice to reduce hours earn less and spend more time on the ministry

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOURNEYMAN:

Of course they are not going to mention getting a promotion or higher paid job!

They are against full-time jobs, careers and any gainful employment. When I was there I tuned everything out that they said. I am thankful now I never listened to anything! ….They imagine people are going to work part time and still be able to make ends meet. They are not in touch with reality. I wonder if any of them ever paid rent or any other bills in their lives.

They mention ‘savings accounts’ and they have members who are painfully ignorant and don’t know squat about how normal responsible people live.. Some of them never knew what a savings account was. Now, ironically, they are telling said ignorant people they shouldn’t have one! 🤔

As far as go-bags and telling people to grow their own veggies (if they can): this isn’t bad advice.. But, them telling already needy people to work even less certainly is, in my opinion!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

JW's are so very good at seeing a brother or a sister in a "naked" state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet saying to them: “Go in peace, keep warm and well fed.”

I heard from a PIMI friend who still has some to do with me who said in the area where I live there are couples from THE BRANCH coming to do work on the local KH for nearly three months. There was a letter read that tried to guilt local JW's into furnishing them free living arrangements in apartments/ travel trailers, or "maybe you could move out of your home and stay with another family so one of those couples could stay in your home for that time." Of course never to let a good opportunity go by to beg for money they right on cue said, "If you cannot provide housing you can always have a share by contributing funds."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUP JW:

I am incensed after reading your quote of that letter.

So, they were trying to guilt local JWs into furnishing free living arrangements for traveling couples from the branch?.. They even had the balls to suggest people move out of their homes and go stay with somebody else while these couples inhabit their homes!!!!! 😳

Not only have they no concept of what it’s like to make a living - they have no regard for those who did make a living (as I well know). They imagine hard-working people should risk their security and possessions for ingrates who haven’t got a clue!!!

This is why I’m glad I’m long Out of the Witness religion.. I would have had to get up out of my seat and leave after I heard this nervy garbage!

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The most famous videos about this are the one with the brother who had a big coffee machine and big tv then next shot he had a small tv and no coffee machine

then that young black brother who’s teacher was telling him to go for more education

he dreamed of more more and a nice car but at the career expo he asked if he could work part time. They said to him no full time only so he ended up getting a shitty part time job because you know the end is so close now☹️

There is another well known video of a young white father in USA who has a shitty job mopping the floor of a corner shop. He can’t even afford a washing machine for his family and when he is at the laundromat one of his kids socks gets mixed in with another woman’s washing. She writes her number down for him he is obviously very down from his shitty job mopping the floor and stacking shelves but don’t worry it’s right around the corner

the end of the video he takes some old boxes home from work and plays out Bible stories with his family and didn’t ring the other woman who was flirting with him.

how many JWs sacrificed half decent jobs to pioneer and now are really going to struggle in this banking crisis?

it seems another bank collapses every few days lately and gets given to JP Morgan on taxpayers funds, this just consolidates risk to one place which is more dangerous than having it spread around.

if we are looking at another Great Depression like there was 100 years ago then all the pioneers who have had part time shitty jobs are going to be a burden on others

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

They always seem to be half a step ahead, being in bed with all major organisations of course, and they warn their sheeply for the latest economic collapse. Their latest Watchtower speaks about the inner rooms" where they further confuse their membership when they say these inner rooms are congregations when the original application was actual physical locations. Blind leaders leading blind to their own destruction.Do what is best for your family ignore their advise.

https://youtu.be/BcHvZKW-ZCM

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EXBETHELITENOWPIMA:

Well, if the economy collapses, maybe these pioneers with ‘part time shitty jobs’ will be a burden on other Witnesses still in the religion.

Too many JWs like you (I suspect you are active in the religion) automatically assume these pioneers will be an expected ‘burden’ on other remaining people there.. I got news for you that I would never consider it MY burden.

My answer would be NO to anybody coming up to me asking for money for people who wouldn’t be caught dead in a full-time job like I had. I have No pity for these JWs. I got criticized and shunned 👎.. But I retired when the time came.. Seeing as this is the direction it seems to be going in, it is just as well I got Out of the religion ages ago.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Cut back on work hours? With rents going up even faster than the stock market, this is a sure recipe for eviction. And what will they do once they are evicted and out on the streets? And then there are the electronic devices they are supposed to use (which, prior to about 2013, were just about banned), expenses with suits and gas money, hotel rooms for Grand Boasting Sessions out of town, donations to the washtowel, and similar expenses to factor in. They aren't getting any cheaper, either.

• Ding
    Ding

That part of the WT message hasn't changed.

It's always, "More, more, MORE!"

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It's always, "More, more, MORE!"

So true. The saying "Time is money" comes into play with WT. It is always, "If you cannot give more of your time, give more of your money. If you cannot give more money, give more time".

Of course the "rock star" JW's are the ones that give both without any questions.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Interesting how they explain to download a few publications (a true disaster doesn’t give you access to electronic devices after about 2 days) but nowhere do they tell you to get a hard copy of the actual Bible to read, let alone suggest other translations, literally one of the easiest books to obtain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit