Executed Jehovah's Witness under Hitler were more Christian than Jdubs

by suavojr 14 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

The part that saddens me is how the JW leadership is using this story to promote their own agenda, when in fact this boy would be df'd for talking the way he does.

http://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/austria/gerhard-steinacher-memorial-plaque/

• kaik
    kaik
    Extremely powerful, heartbroken, and touchy to the core of the soul. Young guy died because he is not willing go to war for his faith. ...I want to work, but I just can’t shoot.... Strong believe in Lord and promised Paradise.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

I wonder if, besides those supposed 3 sentences, the Nazis "edited" this letter some more. Maybe the Nazis, put "lord" in, and took out "jehovah", possibly. One of the reasons i feel this letter was "altered" even more so than the 3 sentences, is because i think he was saying " just cant shoot (another human/person)", not "just cant shoot". By the Nazis altering the letter that way, they can make it look like he wasnt "worthy", as someone who cant shoot, as opposed to someone who showed humanity by saying, cant shoot another human.

Just a thought, for some reason, my "gut" is telling me, the letter was REALLY "cut and pasted", even more than it shows. Obviouslly, the Nazis, DID censore letters, since it admits to the 3 sentences, so why wouldnt they take Jehovahs "name" out, and take out, or even add words, or wording, that they wished, who knows though.

Either way, this was a heart touching letter. I "felt" his pain, and felt for his poor family. What a shame.

• WireRider
    WireRider

My JW girlfriend pointed to this issue. She said see the Holocaust Museum. JW's were persecuted by the Nazi. Yes, many people of ALL faith's were arrested for one thing or another.

The JW were arrested for being subversive to the Nazi plans. They were conscientious objectors and refused to support the Nazi. Unfortunately about 1,500 died under poor detention conditions. Only 250 JW were actually executed. Arrested JW prisoners were offered a half page letter to sign promising their support of the Nazi - and they could leave. Go home. Flee the country what ever. (The argument being just sign their letter and leave. God would know what is really in your heart. Just sign it and leave - live.)

I really pales in comparison to 6,000,000+ Jews who never had a chance and were executed just because they were Jews. There would have been many many more if we didn't intervene.

A plaque is nice. How about 6,000,000 more for those that never had a chance.

• WireRider
    WireRider

You can't overlook the fact that Rutherford was sending fan letters to Hitler, in perfect agreement to hate Jews. (google the actual copies)

Rutherford truly threw German JWs under the bus. Sucking up to Hitler. He was jealous of Hitler's control over people. Especially the Nazi youth program, where even kids were so fanatical they would turn over their own parents for anything wrong. Any wonder where Rutherford got his JW brainwashing ideas of propagandizing people into submission? Control. Control. Control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit