Discontinue unproductive bible study - jw broadcasting

by Gorbatchov 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-ism_2_VIDEO

Interesting video explaining how to end a bible study.

Watch the kind of uber behaviour of the witnesses: make a choice or we leave...

So hard, so not christian. No love for the person.

G.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s a bizarre approach, because it’s not like they are overloaded, and have people lining up wanting Bible studies. From what I gather, in the 1970s, leading up to 1975, there was actually a period when JWs had so many Bible studies it probably made sense to prioritise. But now? I think they’re deluding themselves.

Then again, it’s probably not about making the best rational use of time. It’s more about giving JWs a sense of self importance about their ministry. Plus the whole organisation works on the principle of “do more or you are not good enough”, so projecting this attitude toward people who are only at the early stages of entering the movement is a natural extension I suppose.

• waton
    waton

Yes, before 1975 there was a program to terminate a bible study if they had not "progressed" to meeting attendance and published, or accepted the 1975 truth themselves. studies were started with that 6 month pace in mind, but there were no line ups.

In the last yearly figures there were 2,5 billion jw hours for a population of < 8 billion. That is 20 minutes for every one of us on the planet. Jws must have, to use Einstein's keen word, developed a lot of "Sitzfleisch" sitting in groups in cars, in well attended "HB studies"

Wt is switching to digital, you dont have to know doctrine to push clicks at the door. and

The last thing wt needs is protracted real study of them, their doctrine as a subject. Better to beat a victorious retreat than being shown the door.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's like...Bible studies who don't progress will be given 'Dear John Letters'! It'll be a blessing in disguise for the slow learners or those not ready to commit to join this cult.

Still...me thinks there's something not quite right with this video. As an example...our congregation conducted over 600 Bible studies in the 2018 service year. Most of these were 'door step Bible Studies'. Not one attended any meetings to speak of let alone decide to dedicate and get baptized. It's no different in other congregations throughout the U.S. and Europe...I'm sure! It's not like people are banging on the Kingdom Hall doors to study. Soo...what gives with this video??

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

They read Matthew 13:23 which says, "As for the one sown upon the fine soil, this is the one hearing the word and getting the sense of it, who really does bear fruit," but avoid mentioning anything about Galatians 5:22,23 which clearly states that "...the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control..."

Compounding their dogma, the org says this about Matthew 13:23 - "...the fruitage in this case is neither new disciples nor fine Christian qualities." (w03 2/1 p. 21 par. 11 “Keep Bearing Much Fruit”)

(Matthew 7:15, 16) “Be on the watch for the false prophets* who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them..."

(*1914,1915,1925,1975, before the end of the 20th century, etc. etc.)

• alanv
    alanv

They can find a scripture somewhere in the bible to back up whatever they say, even if it contradicts another scripture.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

When I heard this recently at the meeting, my impression for the Governing Body's intent is to once again ramp up the fear factor in the brotherhood to underscore the nearness of Armageddon and to energize the field service activity.

However, the Governing Body is beating a dead horse (or rather two dead horses) in this regard. Firstly, the global territory is clearly drying up, with most western countries being symbolic dust bowls. but secondly and perhaps more importantly, the Brotherhood (in my circle at least) rarely talk about the nearness of Armageddon, nor do people chat about their dreams of living in panda-world. Most are just going through the motions of being a Witness, doing the least they can get a way with.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

(Astute comment posted on another forum):

The BORG has claimed in the past that becoming a JW is not a requirement for bible studies, per here.

If I accept a Bible study, do I have to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

No. Jehovah’s Witnesses love teaching people about the Bible, but we never force anyone to become a member of our religion. Rather, we respectfully present what the Bible says, recognizing that each person has the right to choose what he or she will believe.—1 Peter 3:15.

Meanwhile, in the newly published video, the bible study is told the study is being discontinued because he is not taking steps to be a Jehovah’s Witness.

Interesting to see this direct conflict and publicizing of a formerly unspoken, quiet rule.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Well its because the CARTS are SOOO productive!

Why waste time with someone who actually lets you in their home and wants to talk?

Jesus would be proud:)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There is one thing JW's are really good at....dumping people. Bottom line, you don't do the tasks that WT outlines, they no longer want you in their Good old Boys Club. It's how cults work!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit