How do we know the WTS monitors this site? Can anyone tell me for sure?

by LevelThePlayingField 35 Replies latest jw friends

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I keep hearing this in threads.....
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

Not sure. They have monitored my website in the past. See below PDF document for proof:

Watchtower v JW Leaks

• Island Man
    Island Man

A few years ago John Cedars leaked a confidential letter to bodies of elders on the subject child abuse. Soon after that John's website was down. Watchtower complained to John's website provider resulting in his site going down for a while.

There are also examples of youtube channels critical of JWs, getting pulled due to DMCA complaints issued by Watchtower.

Do you think that this, one of the oldest and perhaps the most popular website with information critical of JWs, escapes the notice and periodic monitoring by Watchtower. I find that very difficult to believe!

Maybe Simon will shed some light.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course they do, mostly for copyright infringements.

Hey GB members stick it up your ass you lying corrupt bastards ......... ahhh that felt better

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    There monitoring of such sites, just about shows the level of insecurity they have, always having to look over their shoulder.
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I don't think they're as over the top as Scientology, but they do have members that monitor websites evidenced by as stated previous with DMCA complaints.
  • tiki
    tiki
    I hope they do...might prove educational to them....
  • Simon
    Simon

I always laugh when exJWs still need to feel persecuted to be vindicated (old habits eh?). What could make you feel your website is more important than "the WTS want's to shut ME down!". Everyone who publishes material get's occasional DMCA requests and the only reason they "take your site down" is if you fail to respond to email from your hosting company who has no skin in the game (other than specific cases such as "quotes" site which was pure content). Don't ignore any legal notices!

It doesn't mean they have someone actively monitoring the sites - they could have software that does it, searching for content. Many large content publishers use things like this purely for cost and efficiency reasons.

I'd be surprised if they didn't keep some eye on sites though - for any high-control, closed group it's a valuable "pulse" to measure. But proving it? Even if you somehow found an IP address that belonged to them it doesn't mean they have a monitoring squad, it could just be someone fading or interested in leaving.

And the risk to them to assign someone to read such information is huge ... which is why I think it's more likely automated software.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    They might learn something
  • sir82
    sir82

For the very very old-timers, there was a poster named "Amazing" who used to post here.

At some point he was involved in some sort of lawsuit, and the opposing side was the WTS. The WTS lawyers, as part of the deposition, produced posts from this site that Amazing had written (within those posts he had identified himself by name - the security & anonymity of this site remains strong).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit