Just a dumb question. A minor was df in our cong 15 yrs old

by poopie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

The question is can her mother and father who are witnesses greet her in the morning only or would they be a sharer in her wicked deeds and thus also be df for saying a greeting?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Poop they are unChristian monsters. You are too good for them.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Are you having fun poopie?

How about the poor girls parents treat their daughter with the love and support she needs? You know, act right.

Or are you just yanking our collective chains again?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To play the game and a stupid one at that, yes both of her parents would get DFed for saying good morning .

..........next !

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Well, I've never heard anything that strict. If my understanding is correct you can interact with family member living at home normally, except when it comes to spiritual discussion, in which case the disfellowshipped person is not supposed to participate. The exception to that would be if the disfellowshipped person is still young enough for their spiritual care to be the responsibility of the parent, in which case they can study the Bible with them.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

No, like Saethydd said, they won't get disfellowshipped according to an old Witchtower that I once read. It stated that parents were obligated to take care of minors under the law (secular) but they were not to have any "spiritual" associations with their minor children. I guess no family worship for them!

• poopie
    poopie

So you can have spiritual association with a df person thanks

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

One family allowed their grown up disfellowshipped son back to live with them when he needed accommodation. They just did not discuss religious topics. Most families see disfellowshipping of family members in this way as far as I know.

or it could be that there is a softening in shunning practices nowadays compared to the past while those who anti witness are actively shunned as before. It would be interesting to know if this is true for any here.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

It's insane that Jehovah..I mean the WTS can give minors what is essentially the death penalty. Remember that if armageddon comes and you're DFed, you're toast.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There was an elder in my old hall that was removed as an elder because he let his faded son move back in with him.

In the case of the 15yo, she'd be pressured to move out at age 16 and the parents will then bask in the pity and support of the congregation. Then they'll be interviewed at a convention 40 years later as an example of loyalty. Never mind that they have no idea where their child is now or if they're even grandparents yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit