To all the wednesday haters out there...

by Valis 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Back off will ya?!! Or at least try picking on someone else for a change...I actually happen to agree w/wednesday about people who serve being at least be able to communicate with you as the customer...I don't speak Laotian, Chineese, Vietnameee, any African language, and just enough Spanich to get me in trouble or slapped eheh... yesterday I went in to get a postal stamp from 7-11...well the poor soul (He looked Vietnameese probably just started and he couldn't get was I was asking for whatsoever...I asked about three times then just smiled and walked out...I went accross the street where the guy from Lebbanon knew exactly what I wanted and gladly sold me stamps...I actually like going there better cuz its his store and not another corporate tool...(I want to be my own corporate tool) eheheheh
    I deal with it every day and lemme telll you sumpin...people who want to learn English and thrive here will, those that don't will keep serving you at thankless jobs all over the country...Almost all of my foreign students gladly take ESL classes (Notice: English As A Second Language) That's right...they learn the other language to make their learning experience easier, which includes interacting and being a part of our culture, and existence in our country better...Not only does it make their lives better/easier, but it makes MY JOB and existence easier. Or perhaps I should teach computer science in four languages at the same time... No thanks...so instead of poking at wednesday like self righteous hyenas try looking into context and what she has to say...all that name calling about her being a racist is crap. She is a kind,intelligent person, who IMO has the right to be irritated or at least a bit frustrated. We all do sometimes and there is no need for calling her names like a bunch of school children...Save your vitriol for the trolls and the real racists, although we haven't had a iiriz around in a while so maybe you just couldn't hold back the drama...yawn.... Thank you, and you may now return to your regularly scheduled Apostacy..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I bailed out of the thread in question very early mainly because it was clear there was going to be very little intelligent conversation. I don't mind a good argument (especially if I've paid for the full 5 minute one) but there is nothing more boring or uselesss than a name calling, hateful flame war.

I went back and read the rest of that thread and I am appalled. English only is not a subject I feel strongly about. I'm pretty good at communicating with just about everyone. No, I am disgusted at how a couple of people ridiculed Wednesday just because her proof reading speed wasn't up to snuff. If you read through it is clear that Wednesday was typing in a hurry as it was a subject she felt strongly about and hit enter before re-reading what she wrote. I know I've done that and made terrible typos. Who here hasn't? And, God forbid, she made a few spelling errors. Well let's just lynch her right here and now for that horrible crime! (See, I did it again)

If those of you who felt the need to make fun of Wednesday had bothered to read what she's written the past few months you would have seen someone who does not hurt others. She is kind. She's also hurting. But then you're too busy to notice something like that aren't you? There were other posters who had the decency to disagree with Wednesday's point without abusing her. How is that so hard? I just don't understand people like that feel the need to humiliate and attack another person. I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of stuff like this, and let me tell you something it ain't fun. Your ego becomes non-existent. You begin to question how much value you really have.

Let me tell you something chief, this ain't Brand X. Does it make you feel "like a man" to grind someone else down? I don't want to see this board degenerate into a name calling free for all swill house. If you must degrade another human being then do it over there, AND NOT HERE!!!

• COMF
    COMF

See what happens when you wean yourself off the board? I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

Somehow, given the subject matter, I'm glad about that.

• Valis
    Valis

COMF...we could start our own flame war...let's see...hmmmm Ah OK, how's this...drummers suck!

BTW, you wanna go look at White Rock this coming week? I'll be off all week for spring break so gimme a call mang.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• COMF
    COMF

Let's do it! I wonder what month we should shoot for... July, reckon? Or would it be too hot for them furriner yankee types then? And can the apostate community wait that long for another Dallasfest?

Inquiring minds wanta know.

• Xena
    Xena

Hey wednesday sorry to see you get bashed like that....but just consider the source

YO, Dallas dudes what do ya'll have planned for when searcher is here?

• Valis
    Valis

X, when is he cumming? eheh....

Fred, July is not good for me...have to go to Missouri for trout fishing and most probably I will be in Green Bay on the 19th...and yes they might have to take of their parkas..*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bigboi
    bigboi

Well you have to admit that it is pretty ironic that a person who is criticizing ppl for speaking English correctly, doesn't write it correctly in the their critique. All that aside, it is a very touchy subject for most ppl and I understand ppl's impatience with seeming intolerance, because like it or not ppl we came from were all in the exact same situation when they came here. As much as ppl who cannot speak English are berated, there is probably an equal amount of praise you can give em, too. I mean it has to be embarassing trying to hold down a job while not being able to speak the lanuguage in the country you are in. Dealing with ppl that come in with snide remarks and attitudes can't be too easy either.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Exactly BigBoi! So Valis you would force people to learn english? What would you do, put them in prison, for not speaking the language?

• wednesday
    wednesday

English is a hard language to learn. i have great respect for anyone trying to learn it, as it is the language spoken in the usa. Privatley in our homes or among others people often speak their native tongue. But in business, English is correct.

I don't type well, as everyone knows. What is that where is type letters backwards? transpose. I often do that. I try to correct as much as i can. hopefully it can be read.If u wish to bash me based on my typing skills or less than written English,i guess u can, but it is petty.

For someone who was trying to defend the rights of the miniorty, New Sense really hatefully bashed a whole group of people, "white trash' as he calls them. Several times calling me that.I will not dignify racial slurs. He does not know me.

Would we put up with him calling me *igger? or "wet b**k" . or any of the many racial slurs that abound. Amounts to same thing.

I harbor no ill will against any other race. I do like to be able to understand my docs, nurses, xrays techs, and on and on. If i went to Geramany, i would think the expectation would be for me to speak German, if i workded with the public.

If u do not agree with me, ok. but i have not resorted to offensive name calling, that are not even thinly veiled racial slurs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit