At the annual meeting right now . . .

by neat blue dog 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Stephen Lett just said that God gave Jesus "immorality" in the heavens. The audience laughed and he corrected himself. Seconds later he said "organism". Couldn't help thinking he dodged a bullet with that word too 😉

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

neat blue dog: Stephen Lett just said that God gave Jesus "immorality" in the heavens. The audience laughed and he corrected himself.

Interesting.....

LOL they removed the “rewarded with immorality immortality” f#ck up by Stephen Lett from the Sunday rebroadcast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/74rger/annual_meeting_2017_megathread/do31auq/

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

On the rebroadcast I heard the immorality and all laughed - so it was not corrected

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I meant he corrected himself.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Here's a weird one:

One of the last announcements was that all of the society's corporate shareholders and their guests would be given a free meal afterwards. 🤔

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh wow...so GJack was critical of people who were pedantic about getting the whole sanctification vs vindication things correct?? BUT for YEARS we were told to "get it right" because it was "SO IMPORTANT"

I can remember WT studies about it! I can remember elders and servants meetings about it! I can remember pioneer meetings about it!

Hypocrites!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    neat blue dog:

Gerrit Loesch just said that when gog and Magog attack, the new headquarters will be protected 🙄

So then he DOES think he is "inspired" and not just "spirit-directed." Why is it they can have it both ways when it is convenient?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Trying to hide my disgust sitting up front listening to Geoffrey Jackson quibble about the Pharisaical minutai of sanctification vs. vindication.

I'm glad that you are fortunate to have a way of expressing yourself while going through it. Thanks for sharing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why is it they can have it both ways when it is convenient ?

Bullshit self supporting propaganda works and is effective to the obedient loyal flock.

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

pale.emperor:

Years and years ago, we would say that God's name would be vindicated. Then we were taught that, no, we shouldn't say that. Instead, God's name would be sanctified and his sovereignty vindicated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit