At the annual meeting right now . . .

by neat blue dog 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I'm at the recorded meeting right now. Trying to hide my disgust sitting up front listening to Geoffrey Jackson quibble about the Pharisaical minutai of sanctification vs. vindication. The audience is thrilled that they now have 'permission' to say God's name can be vindicated. So pathetic! I wonder if anybody's noticed my droll expression, lack of applause and stifled eye rolling.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sorry you have to sit through that. Ugh!!!

• hoser
    hoser

How many times has the sanctification/vindication flip flop happened in the last 50 years? Who gives a f#%k?

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

NBD:

Geoffrey Jackson - vacuous and confabulating as are his GB colleagues. You must now empathise with Solomon when he said... "Better is the ending afterward of a matter than its beginning..."

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

In the video they just showed, they announced that some of the buildings being dedicated today were nursing homes for older Witnesses. Don't people realize that these are the same generation who were guaranteed they would never grow old? Isn't this hitting ANYBODY in the audience?!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Gerrit Loesch just said that when gog and Magog attack, the new headquarters will be protected 🙄

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

I'm here too, Neat, trying to control my facial expressions. How bout when those brothers "turned the matter over to prayer" when having issues with fabricators. Biggest inner eyeroll ever!!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Can somebody explain to me what the sanctification/vindication thing is all about please?

I'm a Born in, left at age 31 and this is new to me.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

New light:

Ezekiel's temple vision no longer represents the spiritual temple from the founding of Christianity. Now it's specifically only about JWs today from 1919 forward. How convenient.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

pale.emperor:

It ultimately means nothing. 'Debates about words' like Paul warned about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit