Bleeding Heart Liberals!! Did you see......

by LuckyLucy 46 Replies latest social current

• TR
    TR

LuckyLucy,

I think I love you.

TR

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Ahhh dedalus....I must of hit a nerve. You must be a hard core one.How old are you? Maybe 19 or 20? Instead of insulting my delivery why don't you address the one question I asked? Could it be because you have no intelligent answer?

I'm 28, whatever that has to do with anything. Let's see what the one question you asked was?

Were you protesting when Clinton was doing all his bombing? Nooooooo! You are the worst hypocrites! K, now I feel better.

How can I answer an analogy you haven't even explained? Naturally, as a liberal, I supported everything Clinton did. How can I refute questions and arguments as sophisticated as these? Dedalus

• back2dafront
    back2dafront
    Could it be because you have no intelligent answer?

Need an intelligent question first.

If one is protesting now but wasn't protesting when Clinton was "doing his bombing" then that makes them a hypocrite???

If I protest now that means I have to protest every single time this country goes to war? That means that I'll never see the benefit of us going to war with a country ever again?

Does it occur to you that people protest moreso about an ISSUE, not about a President? Even though a lot of people haven't liked Bush the day he stepped into office, nobody protested until he started down the Iraq war path. If anyone protested bombing Afghanistan (i'm sure there were a few) it wasn't nearly as many.

So the question you're asking holds no relevance. I don't understand why people feel the need to fit into one political party and thus support one president on every issue.

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

I am not a political person at all... but I say... it's us or them. Big kat against little kat. If it were me I would take a few tons of nukes and stand on the corner of Iraq going "here kitty kitty....."

oh yeah... all the innocent people..... you win some, you lose some I guess.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy
    If I protest now that means I have to protest every single time this country goes to war?

Let me tell you what the people in my area are doing. They are passing out their grubby little flyers saying "Save the Children""Stop the war" Now when Clinton was bomb happy in Somalia were these same people worried about the children there?? No ,they were not! Face it, You have your own agenda. Come on now put on your thinking caps.If we stand by and don't do anything now (we did nothing to provoke 911) In the not so far future we will be having an all out war, but guess what, it won't be in the Middle East it will be in our own back yard. The good ole US of A! This really is not difficult to grasp.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Let me tell you what the people in my area are doing. They are passing out their grubby little flyers saying "Save the Children""Stop the war"

Yes, a world in which people worry about children and suffering is a terrible place. Those bastards!

Now when Clinton was bomb happy in Somalia were these same people worried about the children there?? No ,they were not!

How do you know this? Did you take a survey? Or are your remarks motivated solely by generalities and stereotypes? (For what it's worth, I regarded the bombing in Somalia with much of the same reservation and skepticism as I regard the current issues with our government and Iraq, although I do believe there are differences between the two events.)

Face it, You have your own agenda.

Which is ... what? A desire for a more thorough diplomatic effort with a foreign country before tattooing my chest with images of the American flag and blowing up effigies of Saddam Hussein in my backyard? A desire for a more meticulous dialogue between our country and countries whose support we'd need if war occurs? You're right -- this is indeed a most insidious agenda. Shame on liberals everywhere.

If we stand by and don't do anything now (we did nothing to provoke 911) In the not so far future we will be having an all out war, but guess what, it won't be in the Middle East it will be in our own back yard. The good ole US of A! This really is not difficult to grasp.

The events of 9/11 have nothing to do with the current situation with Iraq, although the government has done a brilliant job of connecting these two issues in the minds of the American public. It's the oldest PR trick in the book -- redirecting American fear for political purposes not directly linked to the causes of the fear.

Dedalus

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

-I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.

-Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

-I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the freaking GIRL Scouts!

-I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

-I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

-When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that's not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.

-I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. I would be "FIRED" immediately!

-I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English! My father and grandfather shouldn't have to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

-I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

-I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed. I know what the definition of lying is.

-I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business. We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

-I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them.

-I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

-I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building (or buy an idea for cheap and sell it for millions, as you prefer). Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

-It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack their little ass' when necessary and say "NO".

-"I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And Please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me fries!

-I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa, so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough! That's what FREEDOM is all about. Not political correctness or "entitlement" politics with every little special interest group vying for YOUR tax dollars instead of going where they SHOULD.

• dedalus
    dedalus

And that has what to with Iraq, Clinton, or anything else in this thread?

More self-important ranting that ignores complexities the author evidently couldn't be bothered with, topped of with arm-flexing patriotic bluster. You know, I had hoped that the events of 9/11 would bring about a more contemplative sort of patriotism, one in which Americans grew to realize and respect the fragility of their place in the context of a complicated global society. Instead, many Americans -- encouraged by the political rhetoric of the current administration -- have generally become louder, bolder, more arrogant and vulgar. Too much primal pounding of the chest. Censorship, racial profiling, and war loom large on the horizon -- and this, sadly, is reason to celebrate, to prance around waving flags, whooping like so many drunken fraternity boys.

If we have to go to war, I wish there would be at least a pretense of solemnity about it.

Dedalus

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

You know, my political-social beliefs are up in the air right now, only being a year out of JW's and never having thought anything about those issues while I was in. Somedays I lean conservative, then I read something that pulls me toward a more liberal view, then I hear something else that pulls me in yet another direction.

But the endless ranting that comes from the right makes me tune out. I can't stand the vitriol.

Luckylucy, that post did nothing to help me see the conservative side of things. Just the tired and typical sarcastic conservative ranting.

It's been said that if conservatives didn't have something to complain about, they would have nothing to say.

I would like just one time to hear a conservative talk about an issue without the sneering sarcasm & name calling. Hannity's facial expression on the cover of his book is all I need to know (and conservatives say liberals are smug lol). Same goes for Coulter. Charles Krauthammer is about the only writer I've found that seems to be capable of presenting the conservative side of the issue without the whining conservative ranting.

But, you all won't have to worry about liberals too much longer. Conservativism is becoming too much of a utopian true-believer movement in this country, especially the religious conservative movement. Funny how politics makes strange bedfellows.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Wake me up when this this thread is over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit