Professions in the Paradise

by The Real Edward Gentry 35 Replies latest jw friends

• The Real Edward Gentry
    The Real Edward Gentry

We know there will be no money in paradise. But there will almost certainly be jobs to do. We will be perfect at our jobs but that doesn't mean we will be perfect at every job. People will still be unique and will pursue and become skilled at those things of interest to them. We will trade favors. Perhaps you may repair a brothers roof and in exchange he will landscape your yard.

It led me to imagine what the resurrected men from the bible will be interested in!

Just imagine having your roof repaired by Elijah or Moses! Or having a new chair or cabinets built by Noah! And then preparing a meal for them!

Such good times ahead.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I believed, we used to have fun conversations about jobs that would be then redundant :

Doctors

Dentists

Care workers

Locksmiths

Etc etc......

What deluded naive fools we were

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

If you think having Moses, Elijah or Noah repairing your roof or making your cabinets has special meaning, you are elevating these men of flesh and forgetting the one by whose power their great deeds were done. Hopefully there (in paradise), we would stop revering men, or I fear it may be a case where 'flesh' inherited the kingdom of God.

Also, having possessions like houses and cabinets etc. is a way of elevating oneself, and again that would imply we did not leave 'the world and its desires' behind. Back to square one I guess.

I fear these are ways in which Jehovah's Witnesses have made their members blind to the spirit, giving them a compromise where flesh can have eternal life, yet the main theme of the gospel of the good news is our escape from the flesh. The devil said to Eve "you will surely not die", and JW's unfortunately believe that, believing their flesh will live eternally in paradise. Sad, the son of god wasted his time! May that not be so.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    Such good times ahead.

...hmm.. but isn't it a bit sad that the best of the best of the best of all carpenters will never be able to materialize on paradise earth?

• pontoon
    pontoon

All bullshit, but for fun who says we won't have money? What we won't have is "love" of money. Money is a better way of bartering because I'll still be able to get Jesus's father to build a dog house even if I have no goods to trade that he wants.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've always been interested in languages.

In the new system, perhaps King David can teach me Hebrew.

It's a pity Jesus won't be around to teach me Aramaic.

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

Haha! I've had a conversation about a similar thing today. Apparently the resurrected will be coming back as Angel types (?!) and jehovah is such a loving god they'll just be happy to be there ....... anyway, I digress.... A tale for another vent sometime...

If you build your own house, you can live in it.... So, sorry Moses, you can't help do my roof, I don't want to live with you....

• new boy
    new boy

Grave diggers! They will have 7,500,000,000 of people's bones to get rig of after the birds get done with them.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Judging by the current educational standard of most JW's we will be back to the Stone Age within a fortnight!

Something we take for granted such as a chisel needs iron, techniques to turn it into steel and enormous amounts of heat energy to process it.

I just bought a box of 200 75mm screws for about a fiver. Take a look on YouTube how modern screws are made. After Armageddon I can trade this box of screws for the 5 fairest maidens in the circuit. Then again Sister England may have stashed them away for her own use.....

George

• waton
    waton

Citing " The first will be last--" and Isaiah 65, -- it always amused me to see the deflated, or protesting faces when I suggested that the entitled, or would - be big wig with me, would build their own house, or do their own cleaning, or even help others for free, lose their status as boss or exploiter.

Pointing out that such humbler existence is what they were really aspiring to when entertaining the paradise hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit