Faders Needing a Great One Liner

by Solzhenitsyn 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Say you can't tolerate organizations that are run by men only such as the muslims, catholics, and the like, and you are waiting for the governing body to appoint a woman, since they do allow them to declare themselves anointed. Ask them what is their opinion of women becoming in charge and would it make any organization run better.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think tact is absolutely necessary if you're going to say anything, and in fact, lying may be necessary. (Remember, it's not really lying if the person isn't really entitled to know the truth. ~ Theocratic Warfare)

If the BOE has an axe to grind with you, anything you say that could be construed that you have voluntarily "left" the Borg could result in a "So-and-so is not longer one of JW's" announcement about you. (Be innocent as doves, but as cunning as serpents.)

The greatest revenge (and answer) is living an happy & successful life!

• waton
    waton

I am waiting for new light. that surely must come,-- right?

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

How about "the jw(dot)org website has so much information to try and absorb, the way we are inundated with new videos daily - - that we just DON'T have the time any more to come to meetings."

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

or--you could go all out and say-- " we are no longer interested--OK ?---now f*ck off"

yep--i reckon that would do it.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Exact the same we did, we moved to an other city.

They came to see us, but we replied "We have no need to make an apointment". Never heard anything again from them.

Heard recently that an old friend, now CO, comes to our region. I expect he will visit us 🤨

G.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I have been asked before by those that may/may not know I don't attend the meetings, "How's the congregation?"

Sometimes I say, "Great!" (My wife attends and doesn't seem to complain. So I use her opinion as my answer.)

Or I say that I currently don't attend and don't care to discuss it.

Another thing that I have said is that I am taking time to be honest with myself. And if the end comes (I don't believe in "the end" but it is language the JWs understand), I would rather be judged for being honest and 'inactive' in the org rather than hypocritical and active.

That has stopped several people from questioning any further. Pretty damn honest and straightforward in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit