Faders Needing a Great One Liner

by Solzhenitsyn 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Maybe try saying you missed so.many meetings because (make something up) or life got in the way but now you no longer recognise the religion as the one you once belonged to. The "truth" being taught now compared to the "truth" you taught has changed so much you need time to study and catch up. By the way, can you explain the over lapping generation thing cos I am really having a problem with that one. (Substitute overlapping generation for blood fractions, the resurrection of Sodom and Gomorah or any other doctrine you know they have flip flopped on).

I am faded in a new town too (only 8 miles from my old cong) but still not bumped into anyone I know in almost 10 years.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I know their "but Lord where shall we go" mentality. Part of me feels like I know their countermeasures and they don't stand a chance.

John 6:68 Lord, to WHOM shall we go? You have the sayings of everlasting life.

JW's like to say "WHERE" shall we go? " indicating that there is no other place or organization for them to turn to. The actual question was, "To WHOM shall we go? indicating that being associated with Jesus was the issue rather than with a certain organization. Individuals can still be associated with Jesus, without being JW's.

But my family and I (including an elementary school age child) would like to settle on a great one liner when approached by JW's who have been our friends for many years.

Q.) What's going on with you? Are you still attending meetings ?

A.) Without going into a lot of detail, I'll say that for us, there was a perfect storm of personal and organizational events that made us reexamine our long held religious beliefs and it was during that reexamination that we came across information regarding the organization and it's practices as well as the history of its doctrinal changes. Things that every JW should know before being baptized.

Q.) Like what?

A.) Again, I'm not going to go in to detail, but for anyone making any type of important life decision, all of the information they need to make an informed choice is now available to them so that unlike us, they're able to know what they need to know, up front.

For us,once we knew better, we did better.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

If you aren't worried about any repercussions, tell them anything which the org doesn't want them hear. Then just sit back and wait for the smelly stuff to hit the fan.

On the other hand, if you want a peaceful fade with the least amount of hassle, rinse & repeat the following to any JW who tries to "encourage" you with an interrogation about your spiritual weakness:

"I appreciate your concern, but we're having to deal with private & personal issues which we can't discuss with others at the moment. If things change, it's good to know that I can call on you."

Your cold-shoulder stance will soon become common knowledge in the KH. Best wishes.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think a modified #1 is actually the best case.

Modify it by also looking them in the eyes and saying "We are doing great!. The kids are busy, happy, healthy and growing up so fast! My wife has a job she loves and our marriage has never been better. We just got back from [some recent family trip] or yesterday we went hiking at [local trail].

The trick is not to just say 'Hi, we're fine', and then just dodge away like you are guilty of something. You want to leave them thinking "Wow! What good vibes/energy from Solzhenitsyn." And mentioning some generic references to a busy and full, happy and FUN life leaves them wondering how is that possible. You are supposed to be miserable.

Congrats on your advancing fade.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

well it really depends on the level of relationship you want to have with these people. So I will break it down.

Continue to have somewhat of a relationship:

"Well it's been hard at work with scheduling, so it has affected our attendance. I'm still trying to sort that stuff out with my job. I'm sure it will be fine"

Throw a zinger, while stay on speaking terms:

"I'm having trouble accepting some things the organization is teaching and doing, when compared with what the bible says or with what history teaches, but it's up to each of us to figure it out"...

Don't care what happens:

" Well i realized that the GB and the organization are really corrupt and based on the things that I've seen, they are deceiving millions, and I will not be a part of it"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOLZHENITZSN:

Congratulations on your ‘fade’ from the JWs. It’s good that you know how it all works and you won’t be surprised if the peace and quiet you now have can be shattered at some point when and if someone from your old hall finds you.

Some people are pursued more than others. If you’re a man and had any ‘position’ there they are more angry.

I don’t think that any particular one-liner will do if you get cornered. And, yes, there is no have-your-cake-and-eat-it outcome when everybody finally knows you are ‘faded’ and don’t want the religion anymore.

You will be shunned to some degree and some will act as if you are DFd. I’m out over eighteen years and that’s how it all played out over time but it was okay with me. 😊I just sent out a batch of Christmas cards.

Best wishes and enjoy the Holidays with the rest of the world.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Turn it on them. Ask, "Have you ever read anything in the literature that made you scratch your head and you really had to take time to think about? That's where I am and I am still working on it." If they say "no", then offer, "its something to think about then". Move on then to how happy and unstressed you are.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

"I'm just trying to do what's right. I've prayed about it and I feel that I'm gaining some spiritual insights. For the moment I'm taking a walk through what was once a spiritual wilderness and coming out of it a better person. I'll know when the time is right for me to associate once again and hopefully share my experiences".

• Giordano
    Giordano

From what I understand and I am happy to be corrected .....they can't DF you or shun you for being honestly stumbled by the Elders and or the criminal policies of the Society......... in this case........ the child sexual abuse and the Societies hiding that abuse by not allowing members to contact the authorities............ for decades.

There are far too many non apostate news sources, trials, settlements, the ARC etc.

Edited to add JW's will shun you but your name will not be read out.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I am not capable of ONE line. Except for an occasional bump into someone, I rarely run into any dubs. They know not to stop at my house. I also changed congos in 2007.

I faded just as you did. I was only 10 miles from my old Congo, but another state, circuit, etc. I am sure at some point they exchanged speakers, seen each other at the assembly hall, etc. Maybe the "Have you seen Brother Snakes" question came up. The answer is to "leave sleeping Snakes alone, as to not get BIT."

I only care because my 75 yr old JW mom is still alive, out of state. After she dies, hopefully no time soon, I won't care about JW anything.

Oh, I haven't moved in 20 years, so it's not like ai am hiding.

Snakesinthetower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit