Where all the Brothers at?

by Gideon 33 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    Hi Gideon....welcome to the board.

I, too, am in Columbus....I live in Gahanna, however, I grew up in Chicago. Never went to the KH here, though I drive by it frequently.

We can now have a fest in Columbus. There are more than just Dan and I....Yeah!!

Welcome again,

Tina

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Awesome story Gideon, I'm looking forward to hearing more, as I'm sure many others are also!

I may have been at one of the last WT studies you conducted. It's a long story, but I was congregation shopping right around late 2001-early 2002. But meanwhile I was wrestling with doubts about the blood issue and shunning, and I was taking a few peeks at websites such as this one. I know I attended Bexley once in December 2001.

Take care man, message me via the forum message system if you want to, maybe we can meet up sometime. There's only a few ex's that I know in the Columbus area, and they now go to fundamental/evangelical churches, which is not the path I'm on, so I find it hard to relate. Oh yeah, except for Tina, she's cool!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

White here.

• Gideon
    Gideon

DanTheMan I'm not familar with how to use the forum message center but I can be reached by e-mail at

[email protected], There are a number of WT refugees in the Columbus area. We have also

met people like you described.

Gideon

• email
    email

Robert (gideon),

Welcome to the board!!! Keep posting! Glad you're with us!

Rick ("email")

• Aztec
    Aztec

Wow very interesting story Gideon! I'm not surprised at the lack of attention the witnesses gave you while you were in the hospital. When my mother (an active to this day JW) was in the hospital having her spleen removed not a one came to visit her. Who visited her the most? You guessed it..her apostate daughters. We also made sure my younger siblings made it to school and were fed. Can't you just feel the love..LOL I'm as white as you can get but my son in half black so he's a junior brother. He's six though so he doesn't post much...:p Welcome aboard! ~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Gideon, and welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading the story you wrote. Everytime someone leaves the WTBTS and shares their experiences, I always find it incredibly intriguing, and your story proves to be equally incredible. I certainly hope you'll post more in the near future.

Gideon, it's good to know that there are other XJWs there in the Columbus area.

As for any African-American participants on this forum, there are many, and they are excellent! You'll feel right at home here with: EVERYBODY .

BTW...Aztec and her son, are beautiful people. She is exceptionally pretty, and her son is a result of two beautiful races combined into one. He's a handsome little guy.

Gideon, I hope you'll post more of your story soon. I find these shared tales of JW involvement perpetually stimulating and encouraging.

Best Wishes from Rayzorblade (Toronto, Canada).

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Welcome to the board! Hope you find it as informative an interesting as I have- exjw black sister

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Looking at my last post, I think I implied that ex-jw's who are on the evangelical Christian path are less than cool, sorry, don't mean to sound that way. Just not my cup of tea.

Also, on the first page of this thread I mentioned that LDH was a black poster here, I have been informed privately that she is not - MY BAD!!!!!! Her profile pic fooled me.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Hi Robert!!

Ummm, I'm Purple. I don't think there are any other Purple people here, but I am an ex-jw. I'm very glad to see you and hope you stick around and post some more.

I get along with everyone, White, Black, and even the occasional Orange. Orange is hard, cuz it's my polar opposite, but it usually works out OK.

W E L C O M E (((HUGS)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit