"And Your Little Dog Too...." WTS not content with taking kids' ice cream money, now they want them to give up their puppy dogs too.

by sir82 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

Don't know if anyone else caught this subtle but malicious photo from the 12/13/15 WT study article.

Not sure how to post pictures here, but the photo is on the website's copy of the article, just below paragraph 12:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20151015/give-us-more-faith/

Note the 3 pictures in sequence tell a "story":

Panel 1: JW family looks at a map while JW dad sells them the idea of moving to where the "need is greater"

Panel 2: JW dad & JW son preach to a 3rd world fisherman

Panel 3: JW parents spend "quality time" with JW kids in front of their 3rd world hovel

Hmm, wait a minute, let's go back to panel 1.

JW family is in their comfortable US home. Dad's pointing out the god-forsaken backwater he will move them to. But what's that in little JW-lad's arms? Only the cutest little snow-white Bichon you've ever laid eyes on!

Little JW-lad look like he's about ready to cry. If the family picks up and moves to Outer Fumbuck, what will happen to little Fluffy?

"Don't worry son - we'll be sure to drop off Fluffy at the local ASPCA on the way to the airport. Why, I'm sure there's at least a 10% chance they won't have to euthanize him!"

In panels 2 & 3 of course, Fluffy appears to be long forgotten, replaced by the joy of handing out pieces of paper to illiterate fisherman.

These people (WT writers) have taken a sharp turn into cruelty & viciousness. It is a sudden and rather disturbing turn.

• antes8080
    antes8080
    Great catch dint see that @sir82. The kid has the look on his eyes like how much he will miss the dog. Don't worry you will be happy preaching were the need is less greater. I have family who has move to Central America to serve or preach. In the two years they have been there, they have helped zero even become publishers. What's the point of being away in another country with no actual results?
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Dog is God spelt backwards. No one messes with a kids dog.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Doggone cult!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    You know, though one could say that they still brought the dog with them and he is in the house in picture three, your interpretation of that image sounds also very likely.
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

''Mama,Higo,Higa,and Canino.I have decided as the man of the house for all of us to move to Columbia,South America where the need is greater.We will need to sell the house,car,look for new employment, find new schools,new friends and family.''

Son:''Papa,Fluffy is coming with us,right?

Papa: ''I'm sorry but Fluffy has to stay here. We will have to give him away or give him to a shelter.Don't you see how much it costs to feed Fluffy.The vet bills alone will save us enough money so we can spend more on field service gas money.Plus,who will watch Fluffy while we spend all our waking hours at meetings and field service."

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

"Mama,Higo,Higa,and Canino.I have decided as the man of the house for all of us to move to Columbia,South America where the need is greater.We will need to sell the house,car,look for new employment, find new schools,new friends and family."

Son:''Papa,Fluffy is coming with us,right?

Papa: "I'm sorry but Fluffy has to stay here. We will have to give him away or give him to a shelter.Don't you see how much it costs to feed Fluffy.The vet bills alone will save us enough money so we can spend more on field service gas money.Plus,who will watch Fluffy while we spend all our waking hours at meetings and field service."

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Someone commented at the meeting I attended and said they were sure the family brought the dog with them. But when I saw that boy's face, I knew the WTS was saying the kid would be losing his pet but that's a sacrifice worth making.

Have you noticed they spend a huge amount of time discussing all the details of these stupid pictures and when they read scriptures, they gloss over them. Well, it is a Watchtower study after all and not a Bible study! Still, they act like those scriptures were sent directly from heaven. Some of the historical pictures have details that are not in the Bible and those commenting say the additional details must be true since they are in the WT.

Crazy cult.

• freddo
    freddo

FAMILY STUDY

Dad: (Who has either fallen out with his body of elders and wants to get the XXX away or may just have a screw loose, who knows): "OK loved ones, let's go where the need is great!"

Wife: "Yes dear, let's get away from Brother and Sister negative who read all the old publications and keeps telling me about "failed prophecies"!"

Daughter: "I'm home schooled anyway so yay! One long holiday!"

Son: "But we can't take my dog with us!"

Dad: "Don't worry son, we're going to South Korea. They really love dogs in South Korea."

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Yup...our cong went crazy on that picture..saying even young children need to make sacrifices for the kingdom(i.e. no little dog) Multiple people commented on that scenario with true glee, saying how happy the boy was even without his beloved pooch.

With tears in her eyes, my 9 year old crumpled her magazine and stuffed it in her bag.

My heart breaks again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit