JW's have he lowest tolerance for LGBT

by EdenOne 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Their intolerance goes to the extreme of hysterical paranoia - Tight Pants Tony anyone?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

The results of this Pew Survey only highlight what we already know about JW culture in regards to LGBTIQA people and anyone that supports them.

A couple of months ago, Wizzstick started a thread in response to the CO's outline for the current meetings with the bodies of elders. The concluding part of that outline had the controversial section: Concerns Regarding Conduct, Dress and Grooming.

That part of the outline focused on more than just dress and grooming, specifically addressing "effeminate traits … in one's bearing, body language and manner of speech" referring to such as "gender-blurring characteristics."

This directive from the WT leadership is only superficially dealing with outward appearances. It is indeed an attack on the behaviors and ultimately the identity of individuals who may or may not be gay, but are perceived to be by intrusive, overzealous elders who have now been given permission to go on a crusade against anyone that dresses, acts or talks in a way they don't like.

Very disturbing indeed!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

JW's have he lowest tolerance for LGBT

This sounded dodgy to me so I clinked the link.

Ah, I see - JWs have the lowest tolerance for LGBT among Christian groups.

Makes sense now.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Oubliette,

very well said!

Even the JW's know that, in order to survive, they have to adapt to the changing values of society. The problem is that their position in many important issues (LGBT, women, blood, shunning, 1914, overlapping stupidity) has been, and continues to be, very entrenched. I think the only way out of the present problem is for the JW's to do as the Catholics did recently with the change of pope; they need to change their popes too. But I don't see it in the near future. And that's a good thing, because it can only spell DECLINE of a religion where the bad significantly offsets the good.

• Simon
    Simon

Although the WTS have painted themselves into a corner over these issues at a time when society as a whole is heading in the other direction, it doesn't follow that they will decline as a result - that is our wishful thinking.

They will be forced to adapt and because they want members and money then they will ... it will become one of those things that people will point to as something they changed their beliefs on and they will claim it was new light as they always do.

Their members will adapt and change, some wont and will leave (churn) and some more will find one less objection that prevents them from joining.

The wheel will keep revolving as it always does.

• sir82
    sir82
    Anecdotally, the most vulgar, hateful, bitter, and homophobic statements that I have ever heard have come from the lips of "fine upstanding" JWs, including elders & pioneers.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I observed an amusing anecdote of cognitive dissonance in my mother the other night. I had been staying with her for a few days while she was convalescing from some car accident injuries.

As you might know, Apple products are currently being worshipped by JWs.

The other evening, a program came on TV about the success of Apple as a company. She was loving it and telling me tidbits about how the organization uses Apple technology for this or that and how all JWs use iphones, etc.

In a later segment, they started interviewing the CEO Tim Cook about coming out as gay! Well, she was disgusted by that and then she kind of got a little perturbed. You could see she was thinking, "Is Apple good or bad now?" Very black or white thinking.

I wonder if any other JWs were watching the same program and also having the same thoughts.

Is gay okay if you head up the wonderful kingdom supporting company Apple?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't think the Muslims are very tolerant either.

At least the JW's just shun ... not cut your head off.

Rub a Dub

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

least the JW's just shun ... not cut your head off.

kinda depends which head

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "...it doesn't follow that they will decline as a result - that is our wishful thinking..."

Come on, man... let's be a little more hopeful, yeah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit