JW elders TAUGHT to treat Higher Education as WRONG!

by BoogerMan 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

The problem is that it IS a problem - even if nobody there is talking about it too loudly. ‘Armageddon’ hasn’t come yet to save anybody.

Back in the late seventies when I came into the JW religion with my full-time job… pioneering/working part time was the ‘thing’. If you didn’t you were criticized and looked down on.. Young people my age at the time wouldn’t be caught dead in a full-time job like I had.. They scoffed at me.. Some of them pioneered for decades. They have certainly reached retirement age.

They and others who didn’t take college/careers or preparing for the future seriously are NOW dealing with the consequences.

This is one reason I’m Glad I’m not around them now.

• hoser
    hoser

I watched the elder training video online and I will say that they portrayed brother brown as a pompous, belligerent person that should have never been an elder in the first place.

This was done on purpose to associate elders that just want a better life for their kids as total assholes when they are probably more reasonable than that.

The irony is that the borganization begs for people with university level skills to help at bethel yet in effect doesn’t let their members attend university.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

Everything you said is right and they are detestable hypocrites with their manipulation, etc. However, I have a problem with the word ‘let’ as in ‘let their members attend..’

To me this implies that grown adults there (especially men) are children who need to ask for ‘permission’ to do something.. It kind of also implies that there could be force to prevent something (however absurd to visualize this). This servile mentality offends my brain and makes me sick.. I know old habits die hard and some ex-JWs on here inadvertently make a Freudian slip once in a while.

• Samcats
    Samcats

I think part of that is understood. "Let"without consequences

• Samcats
    Samcats

And how is a father supposed to make decisions for adult children? I assume they're able to make decisions by themselves. It seems to imply that the father should toss them out of the house if they dare to go for higher education. Or is the father responsible for decisions of adult children even if they don't live together as a family?

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I am so greatful that my parents didn't buy into this Jw crap all the away!

• hoser
    hoser

LongHairGal:

The words I should have used were strongly discourage their members from attending university.

You or your kids can go to university but you will be soft shunned by the group.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"The greater the University,,the greater the danger""

Along those lines,,because....

Its worth it. Worth every dollar. Enhanced critical thinking skills,,knowledge and intuition.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If you want to be an Elder then you must be an example to the congregation and follow the direction from the gb. How can elder tell the sheep to pursue spiritual interests and support his daughter in going to college when wt counsels JW not to pursue a higher ed. Posted vid is proper.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Fisherman’s post above conveys exactly the way that BOE’s are taught. They are the reps of “The Society “ company men first and foremost.

When I was in the throes of resigning my position, a friend of mine on the body was taking flack because he allowed a situation in his family that did not agree with Society recommendations. This was his right as family head , in my view. He endured removal because of it. The Body used my absence to do it unappposed .

If the Society say ‘ jump’ you must simply say “how high”?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit