After leaving the JWs - Has anyone stayed with Christianity?

by rulehayl 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• rulehayl
    rulehayl

I recently made the decision to stop studying with my Study Conductor, due to a situation I found myself in that led to a high possibility of my Unbaptized Publisher "rights" being taken away from me. I have since told my Study Conductor I have joined a new Church (to which she dropped me like a hot rock, of course).... Last time I posted on here, I was progressing nicely towards Baptism, and was well into it.

Anyhoo, I like my new Church, very Hillsong-esqe. So just wondering if anyone else has stayed the course of Christianity after leaving the JWs, and if so - where did you go?

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever
    Welcome back. Speaking for myself, I have trust issues now and can't believe any religion.
  • Searril
    Searril

I was completely away from religion for the better part of two decades, but have been now attending church since 2011.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Not me.
    Had my fill of myths and fairy tales that are designed to control me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello ruley.

After leaving the jobos I first went to a UK Baptist church (they don't seem weird and fundy like I've seen US ones might be), and found it a breath of fresh air compared to the grey inhospitable, worshipless hatred in a kingdumb haul. Then I went to Anglican churches depending on where I lived. I ended up with some nutty Pentecostal church.

I stayed with Christianity for a while after leaving jobot central.

However, it was actually in a church that I realised there most probably wasn't a god and all religion is all made up by men.

Anyway, that's me. Feelings and faith are not always a pathway to truth. I care about truth. Follow what you know to be true.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I'm still in the religion for family reasons, probably will be for the foreseeable future. I don't believe in JWs anymore, but I'm still a Christian. I associate with other Christians online, but I don't believe in the concept of any 'true church'. I deal with individuals.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dont believe in god--and they dont sell beer in churches.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Though I would no longer consider my self a christian by belief, I still would qualify by actions. Jesus was promoting the idea that people should be judged on their actions, not what they preach.

Based on my actions, I believe to be more christian than the average Jehovah's Witness and plenty of people who claim to be Christian. Hence, if one day, the almighty calls me into account, my actions will show my dedication to love and righteousness.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

My husband and I still believe in God but don’t feel we have to be part of a man made organization. When I first stop attending meetings last year, I was in a bit of a frenzy trying to find who really had ‘the truth’ then, but now I think my belief in God is just between him and me and I don’t need to be part of an organization or go to a building every week. But if you happy going to your new church, then why not? Just don’t go back to JWs!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hillsong is contemporary. I like their worship.

After my Dad parted ways with the Watchtower we got involved with the International Bible Student Association and fellowshipped with Berean Bible Students for years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit