Is Satan the good guy?

by blackout 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chap
    Chap

Question:

If Satan is so good, why doesn't he protect us from God's evil?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chap

You have the power to protect yourself, if you don't give it away.

SS

• TR
    TR

I would be interested in hearing a Satanist's view on this matter.

TR

• Valis
    Valis
    If Satan is so good, why doesn't he protect us from God's evil?

Ummm...this presupposes could be evil now doesn't it? Do you really want to open that big ugly can of worms? Why does it sound more and more like this Jehover thing is just a bipolar deity that refuses to take his own medicine? sheesh....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "St. Satan 700 Club"

• blackout
    blackout

We didn't have debating at my public school, thank goodness for those of you who can refute illogical claims!

What I really wanted to know on this thread was if anyone else had entertained this idea? I think I put up a post on another thread asking if Satanists actually believe that Satan is good and black is the colour of righteousness. Maybe not in those words. I always thought they were evil dudes, but now can see a different side to the story.

Any satanists out there? Maybe I'll have to go to a satanist web page. Ooooh scarey.

• Introspection
  • blackout
    blackout

Can't see your pic Intro.

If anyone wants to read here is a link to the Church of Satan site. Some have said it should rather be called Humanism.

Interesting stuff.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

If this stuff freaks you out dont read it, but other than the word satan I found it not that freaky.

• blackout
    blackout

Actually I've changes my mind on the above site, some of it is pretty freaky and disgusting. They are just as crazy as the fundies.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    What I really wanted to know on this thread was if anyone else had entertained this idea?

Nope

some of it is pretty freaky and disgusting

So satans church is no better huh?

Brummie

• Dawn
    Dawn

I have had the same question at some times in the past. I have a hard time reconciling the God of the Old Testament with the God of the New Testament. So I wonder how much of what happened in the Old Testament was REALLY God's direction - or just primative cultures projecting their own decisions/desires onto God.

Anyways - I've done a lot of research and soul searching over the past few years and am now a born again Christian - so I'm putting ALL my $$$ on God's side.

However - SHAME ON ANYONE if you dog someone for asking the question. Never be afraid to ask questions. It was my fear of asking questions that kept me in the JW stronghold for so long. One night while praying I appologized to God for having the questions in my mind (you know - are JW's really God's organization, is he a trinity or not, should I go back, etc) - at that moment a thought came into my mind - it was very clear "Ask your questions. The truth will always be there." Call me crazy - but I knew it was from God, because it was not something I would have ever said, and it was very strong. Immediately the guilt I had carried for so long about these doubts was gone and I started in my research full-force. That was what began my road to freedom.

So ask your questions - whatever they are - and never be afraid of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit