Is Satan the good guy?

by blackout 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• starScream
    starScream
    Starscream, This just brings us back to the god of the bible being an arbitrary Jerk.

I already have an ongoing debates on this topic. This is the thread that it is under:

Resurection of "Can any believer answer this?"

because if we can't fairly choose god or satan and god is going to have a judgement day, where he destroys everyone who believes satan is the good guy, then he is being unfair.

First of all, that is not what Judgement day is for. Second, I think I have only implied that this will be an issue on Judgement day. That does not mean that it will be one, and it certainly won't be the deciding factor in someone's Judgment if it is. Third, the demons rejected God for Satan. They had no reason to reject God for Satan. They should look to Satan, their God, to protect them from the real God. They should not complain that it is not fair that they picked a lesser God. They knew Satan was a lesser God. They should have considered how powerful Satan was when they were so impressed by how cool he was. Anyone else that thinks Satan is so cool should consider that factor also. That is the end to my point. I think right or wrong is something I am debating elsewhere.

where he destroys everyone who believes satan is the good guy, then he is being unfair

This would be better addressed in the other thread. Anyone who is choosing the devil is screwed on Judgement day. End of sentence. This was not my point though. I was simply trying to raise people's awareness of bold they are becoming by trying to argue that the devil is the good guy. You all should know this is false. In the other thread it is being dealt with in an academic way. This thread is just flat out "Viva, el Diablo!" I am not going to treat that attitude as academic. I don't know why exactly or what difference it makes but I just don't like posting under this thread. I admit I am just on this thread to hit and run. On the other ones where this is being debated I am not.

But as we see fom the bible, fairness doesn't rate with him anyway.

Of course you know I would disagree with that, and if you wish to add to the existing thread then go ahead.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Ok I'm going to get serious for a change. Even on a Friday evening. hic !

Everything expressd here is based on an opinion of the Buble ( not a misprint )

There have been some very interesting viewpoints expressed on this thread, and I mean that !

But from where I sit, isn't this like trying to dissect the details of " Lord of The Rings " ?

Fiction is Fiction !

• Valis
    Valis

xjw_b12...shut the hell up! You know Frodo would kick Bilbo's ass any day! *LOL* AND That dwarf tossing is fun! eheheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Cave Troll" class

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I read the books written by Zecharia Sitchin, in which he claims that he dealt with the oldest information he could find.

He claimed this was from the Sumarian time and earlier. In there he describes the war of the Gods and although he does not say that this is a story of God and Satan, this is thought that comes to ones mind as they read it. That the lesser god disobeyed the supreme god and saved mankind from extermination and when compared to Genisis it looked like satan was mankinds friend and on mans side.

I have puzzeled over this many times and have the same questions in my mind as others here state.

This lesser god is the one he claims was able to clone them selves with an existing creature ( monkeys ?? ) and produce humans, unable to reproduce. This lesser god then cloned humans with the ability to produce and this angered the supreme god who then wanted to exterminate all humans. The lesser god then was able to deceive the supreme god in a legal manner that forced the supreme god to keep his word and let humans live.

If nothing else his books are very interesting and fun to read.

Are they true?? You will have to figure that out.

Outoftheorg

• blackout
    blackout

Starscream

First you say:

ME: because if we can't fairly choose god or satan and god is going to have a judgement day, where he destroys everyone who believes satan is the good guy, then he is being unfair.

Starscream: First of all, that is not what Judgement day is for. Second, I think I have only implied that this will be an issue on Judgement day. That does not mean that it will be one, and it certainly won't be the deciding factor in someone's Judgment if it is.

Then you add:

Starscream:Anyone who is choosing the devil is screwed on Judgement day. End of sentence.
    So which is it?
  • starScream
    starScream
    Starscream: First of all, that is not what Judgement day is for. Second, I think I have only implied that this will be an issue on Judgement day. That does not mean that it will be one, and it certainly won't be the deciding factor in someone's Judgment if it is.

Then you add:

Starscream:Anyone who is choosing the devil is screwed on Judgement day. End of sentence.
    So which is it?

You think this is a contradiction? It is not. First of all the context of these two statements were different. The first statement had its context as whether or not taking the devil's side was a factor in the judgement of a person. I said it may or may not be a factor. I also said : "it certainly won't be the deciding factor in someone's Judgment if it is (a factor)." A deciding factor is something that can simply negate all other factors to make the determination. To make it clear I should have said the only deciding factor, that is what I meant though.

The other statement was also true. It is based on more than what I said but it is true just the same. If I say everything needed to clarify, you will probably get more upset, but here goes. Judgement day is to determine what someone has earned in life. Anyone being Judged on Judgement day would have to be perfect to not go to hell, which is where people recieve what they have earned. Don't make assumptions about hell like everyone else does. Since no one is perfect, anyone even being Judged on Judgement day is screwed (going to hell). The only way to not be screwed is to get out of Judgement day.

My statement: "Anyone who is choosing the devil is screwed on Judgement day. End of sentence," is true. This is not necessarily because of choosing the devil, as I said in my previous statement, but it is because anyone who chooses the devil is not going to find a way out of appearing on Judgement day.

Who can say, "I choose Christ and the Devil."

So yes, it would seem wrong if you didn't know those other things.

• blackout
    blackout

Starscream: Mate you have very faulty reasoning and no logic. I can not argue with you because you can't even see where your own statements are contradictory so how can you possibly see it anywhere else? Can anybody else see what Im saying here?

Anyway you have taken this thread way off topic.

So back to the origional question:

Thanks to everyone with books to read etc. Im sure it will be very interesting. I would like to research this idea some more. I was talking to my SO the other day and he was saying that in some countries black is good and white is evil. So Im wondering if the satan worshipers in our western society that wear black are actually believing it is the colour of good and that satan is the good guy? Or are they all evil virgin sacrificers like I was told as a witness?

Ok I'm going to get serious for a change. Even on a Friday evening. hic !

Everything expressd here is based on an opinion of the Buble ( not a misprint )

There have been some very interesting viewpoints expressed on this thread, and I mean that !

But from where I sit, isn't this like trying to dissect the details of " Lord of The Rings " ?

Fiction is Fiction !

XJW Im sure you are right, it is like dissecting the LOTR. So do you want to start a new thread on that?
  • starScream
    starScream
    Mate you have very faulty reasoning and no logic.

I answered the question. Choosing the devil may not be an issue on Judgement day. Even though someone chose the devil it may not be held against them on Judgement day. This was statement number one.

Statement two:

Anyone choosing the devil will be screwed on Judgement day. They will be screwed because anyone choosing to the devil could not have chosen Christ which is the only way to not be screwed on Judgement day. This is not contradictory. You are assuming that by being screwed on Judgement day it is was because they chose the devil. That is where you are in error. You are assuming I meant in my second statement that choosing the devil would be a charge that is used to determine a verdict on Judgment day. All I meant was the type of person that chooses the devil DOES NOT choose christ and thus is screwed because they chose the devil even though they may not be found guilty FOR choosing the devil.

Pay better attention please.

I can not argue with you because you can't even see where your own statements are contradictory

Wrong, you can't see where my statements are contradictory. If you can, then tell me the contradiction. Don't just say I have faulty reasoning and no logic without exposing my error.

• blackout
    blackout

Starscream please go away you are hijacking my topic. I have posted a message on the other topic so you dont need to post on this one any more.

• archangel01
    archangel01

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bible DOES give both sides of the issues if you know where to read from "For God cannot lie".

Do you people know what it means to be indep. FROM GOD....That means you don't need God or his Help in EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING so God told back he power from man and look we get oldage ,sickness ,pain,suffering,and death. Even the animals are out of control and the weather too. God just took back his power from the earth and this is the end results and it sucks so badly big time!

The devil only tells you HALF the truth and Jesus said one time "That the devil work for his own disposition".....Which is totally true, look Eve did died and before that they suffered for hundreds of years(human time table) he didn't care about her ,he used her an knew full well what would happen to her and adam because of that lie. The Devil is a liar and will mislead you any chance he can get and one way is to make himself out to be the good guy.Like if it's all Gods fault, God has laws and there has to be a form of Justice/laws to have true peace an to uphold it. If you remember everything was very good and in the beginning there was no pain death or suffering only until man changed and went his own way from God did trouble set in for all of us an for the earth and everything in it. Aleast God is going to get mankind out of this mess and he's the one with the plan for US and for are well being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit