Midweek meeting video

by aboveusonlysky 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Listener
    Listener

The video is not at all helpful for someone currently being abused and watching it. It has the potential of being very harmful by making the victim feel they must keep the problem to themselves and just deal with it.

Those men at HQ should be ashamed of themselves.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, as Tor1500 says, it is a case of classic "misdirect", like the old '3 card hustle' game...

They are attempting to misdirect the attention in Australia from the 1006 cases of unreported child abuse since 1950 (out of a total of presently 60,000 witnesses - do the maths...that is a HUGE proportion of families affected!)

Where is the humble admission that "it happens even amongst witnesses"

Where was the recommendation to "seek professional counselling or speak to authorities"?

Sure, if that sister's case is genuine, we feel empathy for her. But what about all the other cases where the society had the power to PREVENT or REPORT cases that happened inside?

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I'm going to run up the middle with a thought here...Being GB's/FDS is all male...aka: Men's club. Would nothing be done just because the abusers are MEN, too. If the any of the abusers were females...how do any of you think this would play out? Most of abusers are men...& it took years for this to really be a crime or even looked at. Is it a case of the fact, it's men doing it & so men won't persecute their own. Like the case what goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

It took years for them to expose the Catholic religion...do you think it will take as long or longer for the JW's or if they will ever be exposed.

Tor

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Listenar

You make a very good point about it being harmful, every since I have seen it I have been in such a depression. I wonder how many others have been affected like me.

I am going to my counselor next week and it is one of the first thing's I am going to show her, I really want her take on it.

• Listener
    Listener

Life is to Short, sorry to hear that. I think your counselor will be shocked. Hopefully this thread has been helpful. If you can focus on their motive in presenting their unhelpful advice it might be easier to deflect it.

• millie210
    millie210
    Life is to short 2
    Listenar
    You make a very good point about it being harmful, every since I have seen it I have been in such a depression. I wonder how many others have been affected like me.
    I am going to my counselor next week and it is one of the first thing's I am going to show her, I really want her take on it

Over on a staunch JW site, some of the "sisters" are talking about how much viewing it upset them.

This was a dumb thing for the Org to do. It shows no sensitivity or awareness on their part.

I am sorry you have been feeling down about it all.

Much love and respect to you Life is to short.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit