Calling Cofty and others regarding evolution

by dubstepped 340 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    I know too much to ever revert back to my younger years when, superficially, the possibility of evolution held some small merit - Old Navy

You have never read a single science book presenting the evidence for evolution in your entire life and yet 'you know too much'.

Every single one of your dozens of posts attacking evolution can be summarised as follows - 'I have watched some wildlife documentaries and life is really, really complex. I can't imagine how evolution can account for that, and I can't be bothered studying the evidence; therefore Jesus.'

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

My transition out of the Religion of Evolution was quite similar to that of Dr. Gary Parker. Once that threshold of knowledge is reached one sees things quite differently. One day all shall experience the thrill of exceeding that threshold. Until then, that many believe and participate in the Religion of Evolution is of no real consequence in a negative sense. In due time all will be straightened out.

https://assets.answersingenesis.org/doc/articles/radio/evolution2creation.pdf

• cofty
    cofty

Anybody who can recommend Answers in Genesis has never understood even the most basic facts.

That is embarrassing.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Cofty:

You have never read a single science book presenting the evidence for evolution in your entire life and yet 'you know too much'.

When one goes where Evolution doesn't and examines the Biological, Chemical and Electrical sub-systems which enable life, the premise that these incredible "connections" arose spontaneously no longer holds water. The proof one inevitably discovers is in the tiniest of details. That is where the secrets are discovered. Where the evidence of design cannot be denied.

But then again, we've all been granted freedom to believe as we will. Not all are interested in digging deeply into the processes of life in search of answers which may be uncomfortable.

We believe what we wish to believe until at some point we "change our minds."

Not a problem.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Cofty:

Anybody who can recommend Answers in Genesis has never understood even the most basic facts.

That is embarrassing.

It's a rather short interview which describes the transition.

It is not "required reading." But, it does provide insights.

• cofty
    cofty
    When one goes where Evolution doesn't and examines the Biological, Chemical and Electrical sub-systems which enable life

Biological sciences do go there and the findings fully support evolution. Creationists have contributed NOTHING to human knowledge. They are academic parasites.

Your ignorance of science does not equate with any lack of scientific knowledge.

Not all are interested in digging deeply into the processes of life in search of answers which may be uncomfortable

Not only do I enjoy digging into these details I have written about them. Far from being uncomfortable they are incredibly fascinating. What specifically would you like to talk about? I assume your contribution will be copy-paste and/or AIG videos.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Cofty,

I have not desire to change your mind. In fact, that is not even possible.

That you support and defend the Religion of Evolution so zealously does not trouble me at all. You have been granted that freedom and I am definitely in favor of freedom. Believe as you wish.

When the time is right you will "change your mind." The time isn't yet right.

In the meanwhile I enjoy reading your opinions on the matter. Very entertaining. Revealing too...

• cofty
    cofty
    I have not desire to change your mind. In fact, that is not even possible

Of course it is. I will follow the evidence wherever it leads. So far you have presented not one single scrap of evidence.

I know the arguments for creation and the evidence for evolution really well.

You cannot say the same.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"the premise that these incredible "connections" arose spontaneously no longer holds water." - ON

You've just described creationism and you managed to demonstrate that you know so little about evolution that you don't realise that this is not what evolution is.

"Religion of Evolution" - ON

How can you know so little and continue to take yourself seriously? Oh yeah, see Dunning Kruger.

And seriously Old Navy, you link to Answers in Genesis...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Old Navy,

To put knowledge and data in the waste basket before even understanding the theory enough to be able to communicate it to another person, is risky. You may just throw out truth and with no reason why.

Evolution is a theory that explains eloquently how species adapt over time, abiogenesis is the theory relating to the formation of life on planet earth.

Dismiss knowlege at your own risk. Certainly never dismiss knowlege you neither understand or have given no time to. Certainly don’t openly express your opinions on a theory you haven’t even studied, that’s intellectually criminal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit