Why Are Schools Targets Of So Much Gun Violence?

by Brokeback Watchtower 75 Replies latest social current

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I totally agree with you that gun deaths would probably rise if criminals thought everybody else was unarmed.....It would literally be a free-for-all with animals going around committing crimes left and right.

You also raise a good point:.. do the left want fewer gun deaths? I’m of the opinion that they couldn’t give a rat’s ass if law abiding citizens are killed in muggings, robberies and even civil unrest (that their policies have stirred up). Nah, they don’t care. Don’t talk to me about elites with their bodyguards.

And nobody should hold their breath waiting for the police to protect them. They are just for the clean-up afterwards.

As far as the school shootings are concerned, there are deeper issues involved. The only way I can see to make kids “safe-er” is to lock down the schools like a fortress; have metal detectors and guards that search backpacks, etc. like at the airport.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Could it be a form of resentment that is being expressed perhaps unconsciously towards the government indoctrination system? After all schools do squash a lot of individuality out of the person in an attempt to unify the masses toward conformity. I think a closer look into the "subject matter/what is taught" of/in the public school systems and it's effects on the psychology of the child should be done. Schools can be a very ruff place on a kid that could lead to this type of stuff especially if some material that is mandated by the government can be shown to be leading to a bad out come. I think these studies need to be made in a most unbiased way possible and feed the info into a super computing AI and see what happens?

Anyway I think a progressive government should do a good study by experts on this matter. Perhaps then we can see something done about it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Why are schools targets of so much gun violence?"

Personally, I suspect that at least some shooters - the ones who identify themselves as victims, for example - may view it as payback at other students who may be higher in social status.

Believe me, when I was in high school, I definitely knew other kids who would have loved to mow down the jock douchebags and queen bees if they'd had the means and nerve.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Because people copy what they see on TV.

I really think there is something to this... Humans are really partial to trends. We see it every where we look. People copy each other, and are prone to follow the lead of someone else.

Even with the "me too" movement for example, we see this. Someone takes a drastic step, and an avalanche of people that have the same grievances follow suit.

The school shootings are a parallel to this. There are always been disgruntled, crazy, or unhappy kids. They used to perhaps rebel against their parents, or resort to drugs, or take a shit load of pills and kill themselves.

But alas... here is a new option. And it is infamously trendy.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

No doubt TV can put ideas in your head, and could put the idea of do a shoot out at the school, get some recognition.

Maybe we should look to see if there is a religious profile the shooters have in common to see if that might give some clues?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYua-3JmnT4

A specific response to the school shooters by Jordon Peterson as read from his book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit