Why Are Schools Targets Of So Much Gun Violence?

by Brokeback Watchtower 75 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Why are so many youth flipping out and gunning down fellow students? Is there something seriously wrong with society? Does the public education/indoctrination system need some serious tweaking? Are parents to blame when their child goes on a rampage?

The recent rise in these shootings tells us something, what is it?

• Simon
    Simon

Because people want to be on TV.

Because the media talk about it endlessly.

Because people copy what they see on TV.

Because many of them need a slap.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I do think it has something to do with the media. Infamous is still famous. You're an outcast kid with what feels like a nothing life, and you can instantly be a "somebody" and leave your mark, however horrific it is. You'll be on TV, the source of discussion possibly for much longer than 15 minutes. People will know your name. If nobody paid any attention to this I wonder what would happen. Of course, it's big ratings, big money, and people are just as hooked on getting every detail of this real life soap opera and wouldn't want some part of it to go away. It's something to talk about, rally around, has become a political point, etc.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think all humans are capable of horrendous acts given the right circumstances. I don't know the media is at fault by reporting it as news. It only seems endlessly because of the increase in there happening.

I think all schools should be given funding from the state and federal to beef up security so that school can be a safe place to get a federally mandated public education.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Because revenge is a fanciful concept that somehow immature impressionable teens think its worthy and achievable put into reality by themselves.

How and why these ones get into that state of violent revenge is still open to debate and question.

Maybe we need to teach children how to love and respect one another bedsides reading ,writing and arithmetic ?

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    I don't know the media is at fault by reporting it as news. --Brokeback Watchtower

Reporting it as news is one thing. Sensationalizing it by interviewing the survivors and the families of victims, seeing and hearing their pain, showing the crime scene, reading Facebook rants and manifestos by the perpetrator(s) and trying to surmise motive is another story altogether.

Stop watching this crap. Ratings run the news cycle. It's not the solution, but It's a start.

• flipper
    flipper

It's not the media. It's because of the inequality and frustration in society between the haves and the have nots . It's the sickness in society where youths abandoned by non existent support systems fall through the cracks in this world and take their anger out in violent ways. If you look at history in many societies, unfortunately history will teach most people absolutely nothing - and throughout history it has taught us that the oppressors eventually defeat the downtrodden, then it goes " rinse & repeat " until somebody else in power defeats and unseats those oppressors and on and on.

The craziest and most borderline personality types who are unstable - since they get hopeless and can';t take it out on their oppressors - therefore then take it out on innocent people or each other who they come into contact with as they feel hopeless in their lives. Very sad. I'm not saying it's right that it happens- it's awful that it happens , however people feel lost in a lost world like this Moody Blues song states and they act out their anger in disgustingly violent ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80nUhHofw0U.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It's not the media. It's because of the inequality and frustration in society between the haves and the have nots . It's the sickness in society where youths abandoned by non existent support systems fall through the cracks in this world and take their anger out in violent ways.

Completely false. The last two shooters were young men spurned by young ladies and they delt with it in the worst way imaginable. None of the school shooters has been poor or underprivledged. Thats part of what makes it so unreal, theres no backround of poverty and abuse.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No one ever told them "No" in a caring way. They all think they have the right to take others lives. Lets try a few public executions of these boneheads, I don't care if they are black or white. Make an example of them. Of course this is just frustration talking.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@wasanelder- i saw an interesting article deal with the “why” aspect. I didnt agree with the ultimate conclusion but the insight on basic motivations was interesting

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/05/26/why-do-people-become-killers-there-are-only-three-reasons-here-are.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit